Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
    A go figure twofer:

Talk Radio and Shazam.

Fell asleep due to mexican food for a hot minute during the super hero thing, but it was enjoyable and the humor actually had that good old fashioned setup/payoff to it (unlike the shitty bantz-heavy style permeating a certain franchise Rob is currently working through).

Entertaining, light fare.

And then there’s Oliver Stone’s underappreciated adaptation of Eric Bogosian’s play Talk Radio. Forgot how well he utilized stage direction and lighting here for the duration as well as Michael Wincott’s dual role. Shit hasn’t changed much at all since the exhibition of this film, a mark of its lasting quality.
    Damn

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Almost done with the MCU rewatch.

Winter Soldier - STILL MY JAM and still one of my favorites. Cap is the man, Grillo is great, I like Mackie a bunch. Redford was fun, the Helicarriers are still great, and Buckey is the shiiiit.

Age of Ultron - PACING ISSUES LIKE WOAH. Some of the shit totally works still though. I do enjoy Spader as Ultron, the twins, and the Hulkbuster sequence are awesome and The Vision is still so fucking cool looking.

Ant-Man - a super fun palette cleanser after all of these. Rudd is still perfect, Luis is the man, and Hank is an ornery sumbitch.

Civil War - Works much better than Ultron overall, the stuff with Bucky is the best still (LOVE HIM) and the airport fight is still aces.

Black Panther - still totally boring to me. Chadwick has zero charisma, I just want Shuri as BP. The minute Klaue is killed is the minute the film ceases to have any fun. Kilmonger is okay but still a boring ass villain because he's given nothing to do. The tech is neat but that's about it.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• So what’s left? Ragnarok, Ant Man 2 and Infinity War?
        Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• those and spidey.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• CRAZY RICH ASIANS

My wife wanted to see this so I 'took one for the team'. This was actually pretty solid, much more entertaining than I expected it to be. It's utterly predictable in terms of plotting but it's well paced, has some good humor to it, and has a certain charm that elevates the material.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            Originally posted by Martin
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• ALMOST DONE WITH THE MCU MARATHON.

Spider-Man Homecoming: Man, I still really enjoy this movie a bunch. Keaton elevates it so goddamn much. Holland is great, Ned makes me laugh, PENIS PARKER, and the ending is perfect "This was a test right?" "Where's the kid?!"

Hope we get more Keaton in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                ALMOST DONE WITH THE MCU MARATHON.

Spider-Man Homecoming: Man, I still really enjoy this movie a bunch. Keaton elevates it so goddamn much. Holland is great, Ned makes me laugh, PENIS PARKER, and the ending is perfect "This was a test right?" "Where's the kid?!"

Hope we get more Keaton in the future.
                So good. Top 3 Marvel movie for me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Vice. Man, Bale fucking killed in this and just disappeared in the role. Dug this more than I thought I was going to. Rockwell getting to play W. again (I still maintain he played W. in Hitchhikers Guide) was fun as well.

Comment

• Man on the Moon.

A film that got me into R.E.M. and Andy Kaufman himself. I loved this when I saw this at 16. Now at 35, it's... alright? Carrey's performance is still dynamite but it carries the lazy troupes of biopics (a sub-genre I've come to hate) and frankly as much as I love/respect Milos Forman, it dawns on me that he was the wrong director to bring Kaufman's story onscreen.

And of course the elephant in the room, that Netflix documentary Jim & Andy. While it came this close to my outright hating the film, it did cause me to despise Carrey as a human being for what he put everyone through. It now makes perfect sense why he got snubbed at that year's Oscars when (at the time) he was the front-runner going into the awards-season.
                    Originally posted by Ari
                    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• INFINITY WAR- I still think this did a good job of making Thanos relatively sympathetic for an insane guy. It's long but doesn't feel like it, even though this is my third or fourth time watching. It's just a lot of movie. I admittedly skipped Winter Soldier and Homecoming but I have those movies memorized so the MCU rewatch is complete. Tomorrow night I am in the Endgame!

Comment

• Finished up the MCU marathon tonight.

Doctor Strange: Liked this a whole bunch more this go around. Wong is great, Tilda as The Ancient One is great, and that scene with Dormammu is still fucking aces. The fight stuff with magic is still super neat.

Skipped Thor 3 since we just watched it a few weeks ago. But it still rocks. Duh.

Ant-Man and the Wasp: again, having a smaller film works so well in a marathon like this. Great chemistry still with pretty much everyone, Ghost is still so fucking awesome, Luis rocks continously (TRUTH SERUM) and the Quantum Realm was still so dope. I just wish it wasn't Goggins in this movie and instead was Justin Hammer as the role was pretty much a nothing role.

Avengers Infinity War: still love everything about this. Flies the fuck by and cannot wait to catch End Game this week.

Going through all of these movies in two weeks was quite the feat (fuck doing the 60 hour theater thing, that sounds like a fate worse than hell) but it was great watching the evolution of characters and the interactions throughout. I know I'll probably dig the shit outta End Game (I'm an easy mark) but it's still quite the fucking feat that they mostly were able to pull this shit together.

Comment

• I agree. If you had to cut down all of the movies to the essentials to see before Endgame, which would you pick? I think I'd go with Avengers 1, Winter Soldier, Civil War, and Infinity War.

Comment

• I'd probably go IM/Avengers/WS/GoTG/CW/IW

IM just because I love it so much and I like seeing how much Stark has changed.

And Guardians because it's nice to have some of the space shit peppered in along with a straight version of an infinity stone.

Comment

• As I was watching IW today I realized that splitting up the Guardians worked better here than in GOTG2 because Rocket had better chemistry with Thor than he did with Yondu. And I say that liking Guardians 2 more than most up in here.

Comment

• That's totally on point.

Comment

Working...
                                X