Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE INCREDIBLE HULK- Betty Ross was dating Phil Dunphy! I really like Tim Roth in this.

Comment

• Roth is fucking great in that. His first battle with the Hulk is still so awesome. The way he's just jumping around like a crazy person is great.

Still working through the MCU. Last night was The Avengers.

Mannnn it's fucked up but this felt quaint now. Also, a bit too long. Still enjoy parts of it (the score, the bits of humor, Thor vs Hulk, Hulk vs Loki) but it drags ass like whoa.

Still crazy to think that they actually pulled this off. The chemistry with everyone is still fantastic. Also, wtf about Coulson? I know they brought his dead ass back in Agents of SHIELD but have they ever referenced that in any of the movies? You'd think they'd at least let Cap know his biggest fanboy is back from the dead.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• There's a lot of stuff from Phase 1 that's been tossed aside, I think. Heck, even from just Hulk. What happened to Betty? How did Bruce not immediately rage out the first time he saw General Ross after Black Widow brought him back to the States? Where's the Leader?

Comment

• I keep hoping they'll bring those characters back at some point. Especially the Leader.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• One could easily see Norton bouncing off Downey and those guys in The Avengers. I'd go as far to call his casting as Banner in the same league of perfection as Downey as Stark. Too bad he was an insufferable prick.
            Originally posted by Ari
            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• that's what I was saying earlier. It's a shame.

Comment

• I've watched a few 'classics' over the past few days.

1. GET CARTER - Very solid Michael Caine thriller from the early 70s. I was expecting something a bit more brutal and fast paced (it's more of a slow burn), but what's there is really solid. Caine made for a pretty good thug, actually.

2. THE NIGHT OF THE HUNTER - one that I've wanted to see for a long time. The acting is...all over the place. When Mitchum is playing it all straight, he's chilling as can be. When he goes broad, he becomes unintentionally laughable. Some of the plotting is really for the birds and defies logic, but the concept is really good. Some of the black and white shots/cinematography is fantastic. Glad I saw it finally, but it's definitely a one and done.

3. A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS - This was fantastic. Paul Scofield as Sir Thomas More delivers one of the best acting performances that I've ever seen, period. Just excellent from beginning to end. I can see why it won best picture and actor.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                Originally posted by Martin
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                  that's what I was saying earlier. It's a shame.
                  Firing Norton was one of the first decisions made on The Avengers, they were so fed-up with him. He refused to promote The Incredible Hulk while Downey was shaking every hand and kissing every baby during that same time-period for Iron Man.
                  Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Still working through the MCU rewatch:

Thor 2: Everything with the Warriors 3, that intro, and Loki/Thor is great. Everything else, not so much. Don't give any shits about the Dark Elves. So glad Jane Foster and Darcy are gone going forward.

Guardians of the Galaxy - Lost a bit of its luster (watched it a ton when it came out) but still really enjoy the prison break scene, Yondu and the Ravengers, and everything Collector related.

Instead of watching GotG2 right after (still do not like that movie) we watched:

Iron Man 3 - still fucking GREAT. So great. Goddammit do I love Trevor, the House Party Protocol, the Air Force one set piece, even the goddamn kid. This movie just works for me a whole bunch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                      Still working through the MCU rewatch:

Thor 2: Everything with the Warriors 3, that intro, and Loki/Thor is great. Everything else, not so much. Don't give any shits about the Dark Elves. So glad Jane Foster and Darcy are gone going forward.

Guardians of the Galaxy - Lost a bit of its luster (watched it a ton when it came out) but still really enjoy the prison break scene, Yondu and the Ravengers, and everything Collector related.

Instead of watching GotG2 right after (still do not like that movie) we watched:

Iron Man 3 - still fucking GREAT. So great. Goddammit do I love Trevor, the House Party Protocol, the Air Force one set piece, even the goddamn kid. This movie just works for me a whole bunch.

I really really like Iron Man 3 too. It ages super well.
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Legend.

In a way, it sums up the problem with fantasy/sword-and-sorcery on film in the 80's. First-rate production work (cinematography, costumes, sets) but something gets lost in translation.

Save for Tim Curry's Darkness. Maybe the best example of a Goddamn, flat-out fantastic performance in a film that fails to live up to it. The director's cut is a vast improvement on that bastardized U.S. version, to its credit.
                        Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Lego Movie 2. Better than Lego Batman, not as great as the original. I did laugh a bunch and there are some pretty funny cameos in it. Was not a huge fan of the song numbers throughout though. Get that Disney shit outta here.

Banana was the best.

Comment

• Still working through the MCU rewatch: Just finished up Guardians 2.

Hate the fact they broke everyone up in this. hate that they wasted Kurt for the most part. Love Yondu and seeing Jimmy Urine as a Ravager is still the best. Mantis/Drax scenes work. The Sovereign sucks. Now on to Winter Soldier. yayyyy

Comment

• A go figure twofer:

Talk Radio and Shazam.

Fell asleep due to mexican food for a hot minute during the super hero thing, but it was enjoyable and the humor actually had that good old fashioned setup/payoff to it (unlike the shitty bantz-heavy style permeating a certain franchise Rob is currently working through).

Entertaining, light fare.

And then there’s Oliver Stone’s underappreciated adaptation of Eric Bogosian’s play Talk Radio. Forgot how well he utilized stage direction and lighting here for the duration as well as Michael Wincott’s dual role. Shit hasn’t changed much at all since the exhibition of this film, a mark of its lasting quality.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• THOR: THE DARK WORLD- It sucks

Comment

Working...
                                X