Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
    Glass only sucks if you haven't been paying attention to literally everything Unbreakable and Split has told you up to this point.

The people that hate it on the story choice reasons are fucking idiotic. It's not as good as Split, but it's a damn fine trilogy ender.
    Originally posted by Anderson View Post
    That ending would've fucked up what Glass achieves. Hell, if M. Night had any sense...he would walk the fuck away forever after the ending of Glass.

There is plenty of more room to mine in that world, but it would need a Black Mirror style series to achieve that.
    Finally saw this last night and yeah, all of the above. This was pretty much the perfect way to end the trilogy and the people that were mad that
      Spoiler: spoilers 
    there wasn't some big fight at the building with a giant blue laser or some shit
    have been sucking at Marvel's tit for too long. Fucking loved it that it has pretty much a definitive ending BUT also room for a bit more if they decide to go in that route. Which I would be totally down for as a Netflix series or something.

McAvoy was the MVP. Jesus christ dude can act when given something to do. The switches between the personalities were even better than Split. Willis actually looked he cared. Jackson was pure Jackson. Loved it a whole bunchhhhh.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I'm reading the reviews for Glass just for fun and holy shit people are so wrong in regards to this movie.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Demolition Man. Was in the mood for some popcorn fluff. This may be Snipes's best or at least most fun performance. The only thing that still doesn't make any sense in this movie is the time line. It needed to be set much further in the future for it to really make any sort of sense. Whatever, still a ton of fun.

Comment

• I dunno man, it seems like Spartan’s LA is cut from the same cloth as the “future” LA in Predator 2.

It plays it up as a satire of what LA was being seen as in the action films of the late 80s and early 90s, so it fits well with the premise of things in the world of the film being switched up to 11.

I too love Snipes’ Simon Phoenix and wish he’d had more opportunities to be a villain, as he was also fantastic in New Jack City.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
            I dunno man, it seems like Spartan’s LA is cut from the same cloth as the “future” LA in Predator 2.

It plays it up as a satire of what LA was being seen as in the action films of the late 80s and early 90s, so it fits well with the premise of things in the world of the film being switched up to 11.

I too love Snipes’ Simon Phoenix and wish he’d had more opportunities to be a villain, as he was also fantastic in New Jack City.
            Agree on all of that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Haha, Us was lame.

Comment

• Starting the MCU rewatch in prep for End Game. Going in MCU order

Watched Captain America and Iron Man last night. Captain works really well until the boring 3rd act. Once he rescues the Howling Commandos I lose interest. Forgot how well the skinny Steve stuff works and everything prior to him becoming Cap. I still love Weaving as Red Skull and Peggy Carter is still the bees knees.

Iron Man is still a bunch of fun. Him building the suit is still the best sequence in the movie for me. I forgot how much I miss Terence Howard as Rhodes. Cheadle doesn't do much for me. During that last battle with Iron Monger, they shoot a giant EMP or whatever into the sky via BIG BLUE SKY LASER and it's crazy to think they've never used that as an explanation as to how everything kicks off in the MCU because of it. Would be a fun retcon at some point stating that some cosmic shit happens because of that or something.

Currently watching Iron Man 2. Hammer is the best still (hope they bring him back in some capacity) and his orange hands never fail to make me laugh. Rourke is okay but is mostly wasted. The Monaco scene is still pretty sweet and that hero shot of Whiplash's suit slowly burning off is still aces.

Comment

• What are Lesley's thoughts on Rourke's hands? Certainly her favorite part of the rewatch, I'm sure.

Comment

• hahah, SHE HATES THEM. SO MUCH.

Comment

• Watched The Incredible Hulk today. Still one of my favorites in the MCU even though it's the red headed stepchild. Norton does a great job in my opinion and I fucking love the little bit we get of roided out Roth. I still hope that they bring in The Leader at some point with Tim Blake Nelson. Also totally forgot they never killed The Abomination and wouldn't mind him coming back in a quick cameo or something.

Don't get me wrong, I dig Ruffalo, but I think Norton would have been interesting in hanging out with the other MCU people in an alternate universe.

Comment

• I honestly think Ruffalo is not very good as Banner at all.

I like the iteration of the Hulk effects they settled into with him, but his human side is completely lacking either that brimming anger and quiet intensity of Bana or the intelligence of Norton to make the character shine.

Granted, he’s been given the short end of the stick narratively, but whenever they give Ruffalo something to do in these movies, what he does lands with a thud.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I liked Ruffalo in Ragnarok but that may be more due to Hemsworth playing off of him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                            I honestly think Ruffalo is not very good as Banner at all.

I like the iteration of the Hulk effects they settled into with him, but his human side is completely lacking either that brimming anger and quiet intensity of Bana or the intelligence of Norton to make the character shine.

Granted, he’s been given the short end of the stick narratively, but whenever they give Ruffalo something to do in these movies, what he does lands with a thud.
                            I think Ruffalo works in the context of the Avengers movies

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Which is why they wont give him a solo movie.

Comment

• ESCAPE ROOM- rather entertaining until it trips over its own dick at the end like virtually every contemporary horror movie where SPOILER, KINDA it's more interested in setting up a sequel rather than telling a complete story.

Comment

Working...
                                X