Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The direction was just so flat and boring that while it was an ok movie, it felt like it could have been so much more. It's cool though. I didnt hate it just didnt see the need for it when it was over.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Alita: Battle Waifu.

I don’t know why I enjoyed it, but somehow I did.

It was probably due to the spectacle of some of the action sequences (especially the more body horror related moments involving cyborgs going at eachother. Battle damage is fucking cool, man. I am a five year old.), but for the most part, the more I run it through my brain, the more it feels like a threadbare clipshow of something more rich and satisfying. Growth for the characters was a big problem for the film, as development seemed to occur in an extraordinary amount in between the scenes shown.

Also, Ed Norton looks like he stepped out of a Tim & Eric skit.

Bottom line: it’s an uneven spectacle that has some genuinely strange and interesting world building in it but doesn’t do nearly enough with it.

The cool dad Austinite just couldn’t be assed with laying the groundwork before jumping into the toy box and it shows in the end product.

If they make another, I sincerely hope the story is given to somebody else to adapt.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I still need to see that in 3d. Didn't know Ed was in it.

Decided for fun to rewatch TDKR for the first time in years. I actually kind of....liked it this time around. Still bloated as hell, Bale's voice is still silly, but this time I really enjoyed everything with JGL and the resistance in Gotham during the third act. Also totally forgot about Scarecrow was still in this and it made me super sad all over again that Heath wasn't around to chew more scenery. I was pretty entertained while watching it this go around which has never been the case in the past.

not sure why it worked better for me this time but it did. Go figure.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• TDKR improved for me as well on subsequent viewings.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I think I might love the new A STAR IS BORN remake? The ending is a real bummer but Gaga was really good, I surprisingly liked Cooper, and love the songs.

Comment

• Cooper joins a short list headed up by Gerard Butler, The League of Why the Fuck Do I Like This Guy But God Damnit I Do.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Fantastic Beasts 2 - really fucking dug this. Way more than I thought I would. They pulled an ESB with it which while it wasnt as "fun" as the original, it opened shit up and raised the stakes for the next entry. It was a bit muddled in the some of the exposition and they relied on a bit too much of an exposition dump near the end that was a tad confusing but Eddie did great, Dan Fogle is still the best, the creatures were a lot of fun, and Jude pulled off young Dumbledore better than i thought he would have. Weakest link was Ezra as he wasnt given all that much to do but look at the floor in most scenes and Depp didnt really factor in all that much past the intro. Still wish Colin was the main bad but I am pumped for the third one.

Comment

• Finally dove into the 3 disc Waterworld blu ray I picked up a few weeks ago. Checked out the 3 hour tv cut yesterday afternoon. Fucking loved it. A bunch more world building shit was added as was some ridiculous motivations for Hopper's character. I whole heartedly love this movie, warts and all, and this blu is totally worth the 30 bucks if you're a fan.

Comment

• Cool to hear, Rob. I won't lie, I'm totally tempted to get it.

As to me, I re-watched HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON on Saturday. Love this movie. I'm going to watch the sequel this week with the plan of seeing the new one this coming weekend.
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Overlord - really liked this. Played out like an old EC war comic, but with a mad scientist and some fucked up Nazi super soldiers thrown in. If anything, it's a nice warm up to an eventual Wolfenstein flick that I'm hoping shows up soon.

Comment

• Into the Spiderverse.

Really dug this a bunch. The character designs were a ton of a fun, the humor worked (duh), the action was great, and the emotional beats worked for me. I was expecting it to be good in the same vein as say Homecoming or SM2, but I wasn't expecting it to make me a bit sad that this isn't the only Spiderman we'd have going forward.

Being a huge fan of Spider-Ham as a kid, Mulaney fucking killed it as did all of the cartoon touches (music stings, the animation for his character, etc...).

That end stinger was fucking HILARIOUS.

10 outta 10. easily. IT deserved that fucking Oscar.

Comment

• Wait, it's out? Hell yeah. Sarah didn't see it in theaters, and I loved it.

Comment

• Out on digital atm.

Comment

• Told ya it was awesome.

Me, I finally saw VENOM. It was pretty bad but I didn't hate it as much as I thought I would.

Comment

• I will stand up for Venom forever. Still more fun than Halloween 2018 (not a fair comparison as far as movies go, but I saw both back to back in the theater and Venom was the one I wanted to see again right away while Halloween was a giant piece of shit)

Bring on the sequel

Comment

Working...
                                X