Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I watched BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY again over the weekend and liked it better than the theatrical viewing. I'll agree, it's a pretty standard biopic in terms of plotting (and inaccurate plotting at that), but I still find it to be fairly entertaining. The music is what makes me borderline love the film, though. I'm a massive fan of the band and the movie is pretty much sonic nirvana for the entire running time. It also helps that the Live Aid sequence at the end is a complete home run, and having the film end right there was a really smart move in terms of 'leaving the audience pumped'.

I don't think it's best picture material, but I really do think that Rami Malek was fantastic in this. I'm rooting for him to win the big prize.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    Originally posted by Martin
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• "Bob, Bob, PEOPLE WON'T STOP CALLING!"

*Bob Geldof nods*

This fucking movie, man...
      Originally posted by Ari
      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Hahhaha. Right?
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• It is unquestionably Bryan Singer's film. Just fucking own up to it and stop pretending it directed itself. If Malek wins the Oscar (which I hope to God he doesn't), then he'll finally start talking. After the fact.
          Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• FOX has already jumped and down Lucy Boynton's ass for talking about it. She's young and didn't quite understand the gag about it.

Basically, Fletcher reshot the scenes that were already shot because Singer didn't get the exact camera setups or he fucked up the tempo due to the sheer amount of shit he was snorting.

Fletcher did what any second unit director does, but amped up. He didn't take the movie away from Singer, he fixed the shots where the drugs influenced the camera work too much.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Can I point out that John Deacon was wearing mom jeans for Live Aid? And a mom shirt...and had hair like an 80’s mom...Can we just call him Momma Deacon from now on?
              Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Was that clip making the rounds today doctored? Because that editing was seizure-inducing.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                  Was that clip making the rounds today doctored? Because that editing was seizure-inducing.

The one at the restaurant? I saw that one, and holy shit, how did anyone like this movie? It was fucking awful. What was wrong with Malek's face throughout it?!

Comment

• That’s just his face.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• They should have just remastered a Queen concert in 4k and released that. That's the only reason people like this movie. Because it's basically a fucking karaoke flick and those scenes are the only things that made me pay attention because the music will always be fantastic.

Everything else was a fucking slog.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                        The one at the restaurant? I saw that one, and holy shit, how did anyone like this movie? It was fucking awful. What was wrong with Malek's face throughout it?!
                        Yeah, that's the one. Insane. Malek looks so weird with the buck teeth that are like 150% of what Mercury was really sporting.

I watched AGE OF ULTRON for the first time since I saw it in the theater. It's way better than I remembered. But Ultron's humor, for lack of a better word, was awful and unnecessary.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                          Yeah, that's the one. Insane. Malek looks so weird with the buck teeth that are like 150% of what Mercury was really sporting.

Malek looks more human in Until Dawn.

Comment

• If only we would have gotten the Sasha Baron Cohen version...

Comment

• The end credits showing real footage of Mercury cemented how much he and Cohen look alike. But Cohen couldn't get past the bullshit from Brian May and Roger Taylor.
                              Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Brian May now:

Look, I liked X2. That opening with Nightcrawler was badass. I figured if we could keep Singer from going all Apt Pupil on some 13-14 year olds for 6 months, then we got ourselves a picture!

Little did I know that he would be popping shit, snorting shit and fucking his way through half of the barely legal furries in So Cal and England.

But, that's the pictures for ya!
                                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Working...
                                X