Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't stand The Mummy Returns but will ALWAYS go to bat for the original. Brendan and Rachel deserved better. Also, your idea would have been awesome.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• RETURNS gets better as I watch it and take it as its own thing. It's not even close to the first film but it's not the dumpster fire that I once thought it was.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I saw a bunch of people sticking up for Van Helsing online a couple weeks ago and it broke my fucking senses.

Comment

• I don't hate VAN HELSING. Indeed, there are many elements of it that I actually really like. However, it goes way too far into 'too much' territory, and the ending flat out sucks/is laughable. The main issue is that the character dynamic that made the first MUMMY actually work is gone...there isn't a Fraser/Weisz combo in this film to make you really care about what's going on. Jackman is game for giving the movie his all, but he's stuck with a pretty unappealing character to work with and is saddled with so much stuff going on that there's no room to breathe.

But again, there's some good stuff in there. The black and white opening sequence is great, Frankenstein's monster is actually a really neat design and has a pretty cool character to him. I used to hate Dracula but I think I finally got what the actor was going for and am OK with what he did the role.
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• I hated the wolf designs and couldn't stand Dracula personally. Jackman was also completely wrong for the part.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• It's kinda the whole BATMAN V SUPERMAN issue where they didn't take the time to create the characters in their own films and allow them time to breathe. Stuffing them all into one film and going at such a breakneck pace makes everything just happen because movie. You don't care, you don't engage.

Comment

• Exactly. I do agree that the monster was a neat design and that opening still works really well, but it was such a misfire overall. It's a shame because a sweet Van Helsing movie could be pretty sweet.

Comment

• Widows.

This is where blind love for a filmmaker clouds better judgement. If Steve McQueen wanted to do a straight-up heist movie, then do a straight-up Goddamn heist movie. Nothing but pretentious pulp.
                  Originally posted by Ari
                  The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Love, Actually for the first time. It’s only been 15 years. A bit more than late to the party...
                    Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Lol.

Comment

• I liked that movie.

SORRY TO BOTHER YOU- This movie is great. I won't get into spoilers but I'll say it went somewhere I wasn't expecting in a really good way. Definitely recommended.

Comment

• The Meg - it was OK, played like a SyFy Channel movie with a somewhat better story and budget, but the CGI was a bit janky in some scenes and a sense of goofiness and light humor permeates the entire film. Also pretty bloodless and low on the kills for a movie about a giant fucking megalodon shark.

Characters are pretty stock, to the point you can nail with 99.9% accuracy who's gonna live and who's gonna die the moment each character shows up on screen for the first time.

Comment

• I thought that movie was terrible. Boring as fuck with no redeeming qualities. I mean shit, you basically watch the same movie twice during its run time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ingrid View Post
                              Love, Actually for the first time. It’s only been 15 years. A bit more than late to the party...

I saw it for the first time last year or the year before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                                I thought that movie was terrible. Boring as fuck with no redeeming qualities. I mean shit, you basically watch the same movie twice during its run time.
                                Didn't think it was terrible, really, but it was very half-assed in the execution. And you're right - the film does have that deja vu aspect going on after the halfway point.

The whole time it made me wonder what Nunziata must've thought of this.

Comment

Working...
                                X