Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halloween is so perfect in its simplicity. Why we all go back to it.

Nothing I've seen from the 2018 sequel to suggest it isn't something we didn't already see in H20. Wait for Blu-Ray.
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• I've had enough people tell me that the new Halloween is balls so I'm waiting until digital.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• If that, Rob.

We all know they'll do a sequel to the '18 film where Laurie gets offed in the first 10 minutes. Just like Resurrection did.
        Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
          WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU PEOPLE?

For some reason I only watched each of the big 3 horror franchise (Nightmare, 13th, Halloween) movies once or twice each and that was it.

Comment

• I just got approval to show HALLOWEEN 1978 here at work as an 'event' next Tuesday. So far, it sounds like a bunch of people are gonna show for this. Very cool!
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Halloween '18 - yeahhhhh. That was not good. Nope. I was bored as fuck. Too long, best scenes shown in the trailer, a wasted Jamie Lee Curtis, and most importantly a wasted Will Patton.

Pros: the look of the movie, the score, killing a kid, and Artie the Strongest Man in the World being in it

Cons: too long, boring, everything with Loomis 2.0, and the fact we're gonna get a sequel
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Also when did Michael start playing with his kills? Cool scene was cool but out of place in this franchise.

Comment

• Did you feel there was zero suspense at every turn like I did?
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Oh totally. Like I said, I was just bored.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                      Oh totally. Like I said, I was just bored.
                      Bummer. I figured, but I was hoping it would be fun.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• EYES WITHOUT A FACE (1960)

This was pretty damned good and effecting. It's not particularly scary or anything but it has a terrific sense of mood about it that really sucks you in. Also, for 1960 special effects, there's a really well done face removal scene that holds up pretty well to modern standards; I'm rather surprised that the scene didn't cause an uproar.
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Venom.

Wow, this was much, much, MUCH more entertaining than I was led to believe. I had a blast with this flick. Yeah it's a bummer it's not in the MCU but it was nice to have a self-contained flick that didn't weigh shit down with a bunch of shit for future movies. Hardy was great (even if his accent was weird as fuck). It totally felt like a movie that came out in the late 90's early 00's.

Pros: Venom as a character was perfect. I'm not super well versed in the comics besides the stand alone shit from the 90s and some of the Lethal Protector stuff but this worked for me. The chemistry between him and Hardy was on point. Like a campier Upgrade basically. The action scenes were good, the fx were a bunch of a fun, sexy Venom was sexy, and that end credit stinger was perfect.

Cons: Michelle Williams didn't really have much to do, not enough Jenny Slate, Riz Ahmad wasn't kooky enough for his megalomaniac character, and it could have been gorier as he's obviously biting heads off but they cut away (but still not a huge deal). I also am not sure if we're gonna get a sequel but I want one.

Schlock. Pure schlock.

If you were to ask me 6 months ago which movie (between Halloween/Venom) I would enjoy more I would have said Halloween. Crazy how that works out.

Comment

• Maximum Overdrive.

Loved this as a kid during its heavy rotation on TBS/TNT. Checking the newly-released Blu-Ray last night and... oooooof. The phrase "Stephen King was so coked out" was uttered several times when Ana (both laughing and gasping at the film) asked questions.

I'd like to think King's director's cut might make sense of the odd editorial decisions made. But nah, the cocaine would have still been felt all over this. See: the trailer where King can't even point his finger directly at the camera.
                            Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• 'I'm gonna (sniff) scare the hell out of you!'

Comment

• The makers of new Blu-Ray did the best they could considering the lost footage couldn't be unearthed and King refused to participate.
                                Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Working...
                                X