Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Apostle

New Gareth Edwards movie on Netflix. I had no idea what to expect, as I'd heard some people saying it's as violent as The Raid movies and others saying it was an unnerving horror film. In reality neither is really true. It's violent, and it has some disturbing moments, but it's not an action or horror movie. It's a fucked up wild cult movie, and a damn good one at that.

Comment

• yeah, we liked APOSTLE as well. It gets fricking bonkers in the third act.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Watched Wrong Turn 2 and Halloween (og) this weekend.

WT2 still is one of the best DTV sequels ever. It knows what it is, doesn't try to be anything else, and gives the viewer exactly what they want: GORE, GORE, and more GORE. Henry Rollins still gives his all and that opening scene is still fucking ACES.

Halloween still owns, duh.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• oh, and the copy of HALLOWEEN we watched was the new 4k blu ray. Amazon had it for $13 last week, I couldn't pass it up. HALLOWEEN II was something like $6.99, so yeah...$20 and change for both films.
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
            oh, and the copy of HALLOWEEN we watched was the new 4k blu ray. Amazon had it for $13 last week, I couldn't pass it up. HALLOWEEN II was something like $6.99, so yeah...$20 and change for both films.

Lionsgate's 4K discs for Halloween and Evil Dead are two of the best discs I've ever seen. The prints look better than restoration house showcases I've seen.

That being said, I watched the 4K disc this weekend too. Halloween OG is not just a legendary movie, it's probably one of the best movies of the 1970s. Carpenter had maybe the best run of a horror director in American history.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Evil Dead in 4k? Guess I need that.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                Evil Dead in 4k? Guess I need that.

They're putting out Evil Dead II next month.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• the only real quibble that can be had with the original film is with the acting. Laurie's two friends, especially Annie, really aren't good actors. The kids ain't great either. They obviously don't sink the film but they do kinda stick out with their relative flatness. The rest of the film is flawless, and it was really fun to see my wife get totally sucked in by the thing.

I also agree with John Carpenter regarding Nick Castle's Shape. He had a really distinctive style of movement that had a certain grace to it that the other actors lack. It brings a lot to the character of The Shape/Michael Myers.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                    Evil Dead in 4k? Guess I need that.
                    This baffles me, honestly.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                      This baffles me, honestly.

Went back to the original 1.33:1 film negative and built up from there. I'm still flabbergasted by how great it looks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                        They're putting out Evil Dead II next month.

Know what I am adding to the Christmas list.

Comment

• I'd never watched the original Halloween until a week ago and, man, that was a dumb move on my part. That movie is great.

Comment

• I think I've only actually seen the original Halloween one and half times? It's the only slasher Sarah actually likes so she's seen it like 30 times and didn't want to watch it leading up to the new one.

Comment

• WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU PEOPLE?
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I'm asking myself the same question.
                                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X