Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Land is now at a point where it makes zero fucking sense in terms of the overall Romero world. What came after might as well not even exist ala the later Hellraiser sequels.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• The less said about Survival the better...
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Weird how Land of the Dead and Planet Terror (both shooting not too long from one another) both faced the same situation off camera during production.

Anderson can probably verify/elaborate more. But on both sets, the director (in this case, Romero and Rodriquez) was cheating on his long-time spouse/producing partner. Then shit hit the fan when everyone found out.
        Originally posted by Ari
        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• I do like parts of Diary though even though I know it's a terrible movie.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
            Weird how Land of the Dead and Planet Terror (both shooting not too long from one another) both faced the same situation off camera during production.

Anderson can probably verify/elaborate more. But on both sets, the director (in this case, Romero and Rodriquez) was cheating on his long-time spouse/producing partner. Then shit hit the fan when everyone found out.

That is correct.

The difference was Land was meant to be a comeback movie, while PT was the largest fan film of Nightmare City ever made.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Then Romero straight-up abandoned Pittsburgh (after it was his home fort for decades) after the affair got out.

Moved up to Canada where he remained 'till his passing.
              Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Thanks to these posts, I now need to revisit all the Dead movies. Been FAR too long since I basked in Romero goodness.

Comment

• First Man.

Left us cold as fuck last night. At times, lifeless and yes dour. Certainly well-shot and the acting is overall strong. Thought Jason Clarke walked away with the whole thing.

This film, strangely, seems to hate Buzz Aldrin. He's treated like the Meg Griffin of the group.
                  Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 10-12-2018, 10:36 AM.
                  Originally posted by Ari

Comment

First Man.

Left us cold as fuck last night. At times, lifeless and yes dour. Certainly well-shot and the acting is overall strong. Thought Jason Clarke walked away with the whole thing.

This film, strangely, seems to hate Buzz Aldrin. He's treated like the Meg Griffin of the group.

I saw it twice. First time I hated. The second time I got what Chazelle was trying to do. Honestly, I think it's a mix of Chazelle trying to get the terror of being an astronaut at the time while dealing with Spielberg's hand nudging this project from afar.

Comment

• We also caught The House with a Clock in its Walls last night.

The moment the 80's era Universal Pictures logo appears, you know what they're aiming for. Ironically it feels like one right down to Sid Sheinberg cutting out 10-20 minutes that should have stayed in. At times, awkward cutting and I felt what wasn't there.

But it's fine for what it is, and shows Eli Roth can handle bigger budget fare... with proper guidance, a la a good producer strong-arming him. Just don't shoe-horn yourself on camera, buddy. Even his word-less cameo is awful. And the film results in not one but two moments where the lead ugly-cries which doesn't work for a kids-adventure movie especially when they do it early on.
                      Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 10-12-2018, 02:18 PM.
                      Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• good to see you posting again more regularly, Jamie.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Once Upon a Time in America on Netflix.

Spoiler: Spoilers for a 34 year old movie? 
                          Still remains one of my all-time favorite films. Such a majestic and soulful work... about a scumbag who may or may not be experiencing an opium-induced hallucination. Normally the "It was all a dream!" ending is the definition of a cop out but God damn that open ended last shot just makes it work.

A film about the decisions we make and then spend the rest of our lives regretting them. Maybe my favorite De Niro performance and I wish Leone lived long enough to see the reevaluation in its favor after Warner Brothers royally fucked him.
                          Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• TERRIFIED- A horror movie from... Argentina, I think? There are a lot of jump scares but it's also just really tense because you know fucked up shit is coming but not sure how long they'll tease it out. It really got to me.

Comment

• The Apostle.

This is not the Raid. As much as I would have loved Dan Stevens raiding the martial arts out of Martin Sheen this movie is an entirely different beast. And I loved it.
                              Quite the slow burn. Pretty much the Wickerer Man: The Maiming.
                              Gareth Evansvreally flexes his muscles as a filmmaker in an entirely different wheelhouse. But that dude got style in spades and some serious chops as a director. As a writer maybe not so much yet. But he is the real deal. And god, do I love Dan Stevens.
                              I hope Netflix lets Evans play with some serious money. I’ll be in whatever he does next. Unless it is a fucking Disney fucking live fucking remake fucking creative bankruptcy.

Comment

Once Upon a Time in America on Netflix.

Spoiler: Spoilers for a 34 year old movie? 
                                Still remains one of my all-time favorite films. Such a majestic and soulful work... about a scumbag who may or may not be experiencing an opium-induced hallucination. Normally the "It was all a dream!" ending is the definition of a cop out but God damn that open ended last shot just makes it work.

A film about the decisions we make and then spend the rest of our lives regretting them. Maybe my favorite De Niro performance and I wish Leone lived long enough to see the reevaluation in its favor after Warner Brothers royally fucked him.

Shit this is on Netflix? I haven't watched it in like...12 or 15 years? I bought my dad the DVD when it came out and we watched it, and haven't seen it since.

Comment

Working...
                                X