Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The necropolis as a concept was better than the actual film. Man, what a mess.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
      The first 15 minutes of Prometheus are awesome. The rest is silly. Covenant I didnt mind as much. Especially if you factor in what could have been with the deleted scenes included.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      THIS.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• DEADPOOL 2

Fuck yes, that's how you sequel it up.

X-FORCE! Shatterstar! Vanisher!

"Prison wallet"

Comment

• Annihilation. It was....okay. Feel like the reviews overhyped the shit out of this. It's a decent sci-fi story but I have a feeling that the book is much better. Portman and Leigh were pretty great as was Tessa Thompson. The visuals were neat but nothing really fucking happens in this movie. They could have done so much more with the concept.

Ex Machina is the better scifi flick directed by Garland.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Man, I felt the same way about the book. Overhyped. I'd be curious if only to see the visuals. But I didn't quite liked the book.
            Last edited by Martin; 05-23-2018, 07:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
              Annihilation. It was....okay. Feel like the reviews overhyped the shit out of this. It's a decent sci-fi story but I have a feeling that the book is much better. Portman and Leigh were pretty great as was Tessa Thompson. The visuals were neat but nothing really fucking happens in this movie. They could have done so much more with the concept.

Ex Machina is the better scifi flick directed by Garland.
              Really should have seen this in the theatre. The sound design alone was worth the price of admission.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• the sound design was indeed fantastic. It wasn't a bad movie but it was just so middle of the road. with the goddamn concept they had, they should have done much more with it.

That scene in the cabin with that "thing" and the noises it made was fanfuckingtastic. It needed more of that stuff.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• IT COMES AT NIGHT- not terrible but the filmmakers did a terrible job of setting up the world or making it feel like there was a real threat. As it is, it's just another "man's inhumanity to man" story set in the woods. That's definitely not how the trailers sold it.

Comment

• Didn't they sell it like zombies or horror or someshit? I remember reading a non spoiler review that stated it was nothing like the trailers made it out to be so I skipped it.

Comment

the sound design was indeed fantastic. It wasn't a bad movie but it was just so middle of the road. with the goddamn concept they had, they should have done much more with it.

That scene in the cabin with that "thing" and the noises it made was fanfuckingtastic. It needed more of that stuff.
                      Totally in agreement on the creature encounter.

Going in without knowing fuck all about it helped. In retrospect, I don’t think it needed to spell out the dissolution of the relationship between Portman and Isaac the way they did it. So on the nose and unnecessary. I inferred plenty without the anticlimactic bedroom chat at the end.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

Didn't they sell it like zombies or horror or someshit? I remember reading a non spoiler review that stated it was nothing like the trailers made it out to be so I skipped it.
                        Yeah. The trailers were very much "there's something in the woods that will kill us all" but there's not really any of that. There's some kind of virus that has maybe wiped out huge chunks of the population? That's all you get. It's basically an excuse to get two families locked together in a house.

Comment

• Yeah, It Comes At Night was a total bait and switch with the marketing. It did the movie a huge disservice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                            Totally in agreement on the creature encounter.

Going in without knowing fuck all about it helped. In retrospect, I don’t think it needed to spell out the dissolution of the relationship between Portman and Isaac the way they did it. So on the nose and unnecessary. I inferred plenty without the anticlimactic bedroom chat at the end.
                            ALL OF THIS. I read so many thoughts from people on this movie prior to seeing it and they all made it out to be like this was the smartest sci-fi movie of the last decade.

Yeah, nope. We called each and every fucking twist and turn this movie threw at us before it was on screen. Just constantly beating you over the head with shit it became laughable at some points.

Comment

• I want to say it was dumbed down by executive mandate but I can’t be too sure of the legitimacy of such a claim.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I can totally see that being the case. Eh, it's worth watching for the visuals but not much else.

There is PORTMAN SIDE BOOB for you ARI but it could have been a body double.

Comment

Working...
                                X