Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRIDGE ON THE RIVER KWAI.

I finally saw this, correcting a big hole in my filmography. Good God is this an amazing movie.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      BRIDGE ON THE RIVER KWAI.

I finally saw this, correcting a big hole in my filmography. Good God is this an amazing movie.
      It's part of that fucking insane run that Lean had for a decade. I keep putting off picking this one up in 4K.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I watched it on 4K. it was glorious.
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Rewatched Thor 3 with Ceej on Friday since he never saw it. It was a blast. He loved it and I was still 100% on board with it.

Fucking love this movie.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The Shawshank Redemption.

Noticed it on Netflix and it's long been one of my and Ana's all-time favorite films.

Like most, I watched it on TBS/TNT during those years it played every weekend (usually Saturday and Sunday afternoons). Even read the novella as a kid. Not sure if I've ever seen it without the broadcast TV censors (Never felt the point since it played so frequently on TV), so it kinda felt like watching an extended cut. Still works.

If there's any real flaw, the inclusion of Tommy (and how he conveniently comes in and out of the narrative within a 10-15 minute span, tops) would be it. I say "if" because it still worked for me. And Robbin's performance kinda played like an idiot savant this time around?
            Originally posted by Ari
            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• I just don't get the GotG2 hate. I will never get it.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I enjoyed it - it doesn't hit the same heights as the original did (that was lightning in a bottle), but it did push my buttons in the right way, as do most of the Marvel films.

Comment

• Gunn could have done better. It felt like a movie that someone else made after watching the first one a bunch. Again, after Thor 3, the faults in GoTG2 are super apparent.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Nobody wanted a dark middle chapter of the happy go lucky franchise.

Comment

• Especially one that was kind of boring.

Comment

• GOTG 2 wasn't boring, but it felt like a director fighting against where the story naturally needed to go.

The music choices in V1 were natural, while these felt forced. Kurt Russell was great as Ego, but he needed to be grounded in something less Celestial. Even though, Ego was an Elder of the Universe and not a fucking Celestial. But, I'm letting that slide.

What Gunn needs to do is focus in on a cosmic aspect that plays for him. I get that he's the only Marvel director really playing in that realm, but it's overwhelming for a feature film.

Brian K. Vaughn is writing a Silver Surfer solo film at FOX now and I can see the same problems emerging there. Just because you have full control of the playground, it doesn't mean you have to do everything that day.

But, tight focus has never been Disney's strong suit.
                        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• I was bored throughout huge chunks of the film.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                            I was bored throughout huge chunks of the film.
                            Then have Ceej's buddy recommend more stimulating movies for you to watch.

Comment

• It is a pretty boring movie man. It's just setpieces with nothing behind them with smaller groups of people I don't care about.

Sorry man, this movie just didn't do shit for me. It's on par with Thor 2 and the first Cap. Like I'm glad I saw them, but I never need to see them again.

And you're totally right in regards to the music, this soundtrack was terrible compared to the first film.

Also, I love the dumbest shit. I was just bored with this movie, both in the theater and again at home whilst drunk.

But I'll watch GotG any day of the week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                                It is a pretty boring movie man. It's just setpieces with nothing behind them with smaller groups of people I don't care about.

Sorry man, this movie just didn't do shit for me. It's on par with Thor 2 and the first Cap. Like I'm glad I saw them, but I never need to see them again.

And you're totally right in regards to the music, this soundtrack was terrible compared to the first film.

Also, I love the dumbest shit. I was just bored with this movie, both in the theater and again at home whilst drunk.

But I'll watch GotG any day of the week.
                                I get the Thor 2 problems. Somewhere between Iron Man 2 and Thor 2, the problem with the Marvel Film formula arises.

You can't slow down. There are no filler issues in the MCU.

Comment

Working...
                                X