Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
    What do you mean "real Coke scenes"? (I haven't watched it yet.)

Chevy Chase has been notorious for suing or playing down his drug past.

The dude snorted Cocaine like crazy from 1970-1986. This film gets that down pat.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• yeah it does
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Gotta watch this tonight

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
          Chevy Chase has been notorious for suing or playing down his drug past.

The dude snorted Cocaine like crazy from 1970-1986. This film gets that down pat.
          The guy who got sued for calling Cary Grant a homo filed lawsuits against those for saying he was a coke head... and he was. Hmmm, no idea why he's so despised within the industry.
          Originally posted by Ari
          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
            The guy who got sued for calling Cary Grant a homo filed lawsuits against those for saying he was a coke head... and he was. Hmmm, no idea why he's so despised within the industry.
            He also had a mini breakdown at the Friars' Club.

Shit's rough when nearly all of your friends are dead and the new cast members don't appreciate you.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Can't recall anyone having a nice story about Chevy Chase. Even Kevin Smith (someone else with their set of problems with public fights) didn't have a nice thing to say.
              Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Hooo Boy. Skull island was so much fun. More than it had any right to be given the clunky script and non existing characters. The cinematography went by a restrained Baylogy apparently. Every fucking shot seemed to be made for a trailer. Without the epileptic cutting and bayhem disorientation.
                Naturally I loved it.

What about the sequel, or Kong vs Godzilla or whatever? Is that shit still on? Or will pacific rim 2 will sink monster movies for the next decade?

Comment

• Pretty sure this series is still trekking forward. I cannot wait for a showdown between Godzilla and Kong.

Skull Island was legit.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I was in tears of laughter when grenade guy wanted to make his self sacrificial last stand and just got swatted to the side. The movie had quite the mean streak in killing everyone left and right unceremoniously.
                    And I sure hope they keep Voigt Roberts (or whatever) as director for the team up. It would be lovely to actually see Godzilla tear shit up in daylight for once.

Comment

• THE TERMINATOR (Ahnold Schwarzenegger, Michael Biehn, Linda Hamilton), 1984
                      The wife is kinda sick and turned in early. Left to my own devices, I thought that I'd throw in a favorite that I hadn't seen in a while.

I saw this movie back in 1984 with my parents (I was 14). I'm not sure why but my mother had kinda a thing for Arnold. She eventually also had a thing for Bruce Willis and Jean-Claude Van Damme (oddly enough, she never cared for Sylvester Stallone), but whatever...she was into Arnold at this point. As such, we actually went to see THE TERMINATOR because of her. She blanched a bit at the love scene but she loved the movie overall. I loved it too.

I've seen the movie probably 15 times in my life now. This was the first time seeing it on my new home theater, so it was a real treat to really enjoy the film again in nearly perfect conditions.

It has some budget issues in terms of production design and special effects, but it's pretty much flawless otherwise. It's a lean, mean, action film that maintains its own sense of internal logic perfectly and does a great job of instilling character on everyone to the point that you invest in the film and care what happens. There's nothing extraneous here at all...no bloat, no fat. Every scene serves a purpose and drives the narrative forward perfectly. Exposition dumps, when they happen, are presented in entertaining fashion.

For my money, this is James Cameron's best movie. It also contains what I think is one of the best directed sequences that I've ever seen in any film, period: the TECH NOIR sequence. This is when Sarah is hiding out in TECH NOIR and Arnold enters, searching for her. It's directed perfectly with an expert use of slow motion and sound design to build and maintain tension. From the moment that Arnold enters to the point that Reese says 'Come with me if you want to live', it's perfect.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I pissed off quite a few posters on DERP for saying how Predator... isn't that good.
                        Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                          THE TERMINATOR (Ahnold Schwarzenegger, Michael Biehn, Linda Hamilton), 1984
                          The wife is kinda sick and turned in early. Left to my own devices, I thought that I'd throw in a favorite that I hadn't seen in a while.

I saw this movie back in 1984 with my parents (I was 14). I'm not sure why but my mother had kinda a thing for Arnold. She eventually also had a thing for Bruce Willis and Jean-Claude Van Damme (oddly enough, she never cared for Sylvester Stallone), but whatever...she was into Arnold at this point. As such, we actually went to see THE TERMINATOR because of her. She blanched a bit at the love scene but she loved the movie overall. I loved it too.

I've seen the movie probably 15 times in my life now. This was the first time seeing it on my new home theater, so it was a real treat to really enjoy the film again in nearly perfect conditions.

It has some budget issues in terms of production design and special effects, but it's pretty much flawless otherwise. It's a lean, mean, action film that maintains its own sense of internal logic perfectly and does a great job of instilling character on everyone to the point that you invest in the film and care what happens. There's nothing extraneous here at all...no bloat, no fat. Every scene serves a purpose and drives the narrative forward perfectly. Exposition dumps, when they happen, are presented in entertaining fashion.

For my money, this is James Cameron's best movie. It also contains what I think is one of the best directed sequences that I've ever seen in any film, period: the TECH NOIR sequence. This is when Sarah is hiding out in TECH NOIR and Arnold enters, searching for her. It's directed perfectly with an expert use of slow motion and sound design to build and maintain tension. From the moment that Arnold enters to the point that Reese says 'Come with me if you want to live', it's perfect.
                          Agreed

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                            I pissed off quite a few posters on DERP for saying how Predator... isn't that good.
                            I respectfully disagree with you but I can understand and respect the points that you made on it.
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                              I respectfully disagree with you but I can understand and respect the points that you made on it.
                              *Tips fedora*

Likewise, and we see eye-to-eye on Twins.
                              Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Only thing I knew were promo-clips when the Disney Channel played it in heavy rotation and mostly from Siskel & Ebert raving over it (Their original review and them on The Oprah Winfrey Show circa '88 are still online). So I finally got around to see Funny Farm. It was... alright?

Didn't laugh my ass off like I thought, and I made it a point to go in fresh.
                                Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Working...
                                X