Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see it's available to rent on Amazon. Not sure why they photoshopped half of Cage's face for the poster.

Comment

• it would make a great double feature with Cooties.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        Mom and Dad. New flick by half of the Crank team. Nic Cage and Selma Blair along with all other parents in the world go nuts and try to kill their kids.

Some fucked up shit, especially the birth scene.

Apparently, I'm in it. I've had 6 people claim to have spotted me in it.

It was awhile ago when I was checking out the shoot, but I did have to sign a release a few weeks ago.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• KINGSMAN THE GOLDEN CIRCLE- Man, based on the reviews I expected this to be super shitty but I really liked it. Sure, the bit with the tracker was very ill-advised. But Moore was a fun villain, all the Statesman stuff was cool, and the fight choreography was excessive and awesome. Elton John was the surprise MVP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
            Apparently, I'm in it. I've had 6 people claim to have spotted me in it.

It was awhile ago when I was checking out the shoot, but I did have to sign a release a few weeks ago.
            in what capacity?
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

in what capacity?
              I was talking to some newspaper writer friends in the background of an office scene. I didn't realize they were filming.

They didn't realize they got a bunch of us in the shot too, so all of the visiting media had to sign off on OOPS, we made you into extras.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Total Recall.

Goddamn it still works, and sweet Christ is it so quotable. Easily Arnold's best performance, and home to my new ringtone.
                Originally posted by Ari
                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• It might be my favorite Arnold movie. Love the soundtrack, too.

CREED- I am a dummy for sleeping on this one. Hot damn, was it good. I was excited before but now I'm extra pumped for BLACK PANTHER.

Comment

• A Futile and Stupid Gesture. It's a biopic on Netflix about Doug Kenney and National Lampoon. Some bits of genius in here but overall it can't figure out a tone. I wasn't aware of alot stuff covered in this movie so it worked in that aspect, but the actor choices for some roles are just awkward and off putting and while Joel McHale tried his best, it was weird seeing him do a Chevy impression.

Comment

A Futile and Stupid Gesture. It's a biopic on Netflix about Doug Kenney and National Lampoon. Some bits of genius in here but overall it can't figure out a tone. I wasn't aware of alot stuff covered in this movie so it worked in that aspect, but the actor choices for some roles are just awkward and off putting and while Joel McHale tried his best, it was weird seeing him do a Chevy impression.
                      He made Chevy seem like less of a douche. Still shocked he was OK with the real coke scenes.

Comment

• Caught some older movies on the premium channels this weekend with the wife.

SEA OF LOVE (Al Pacino, John Goodman, Ellen Barkin) 1989
                        Haven't seen this one since the early 90s. It's on STARZ now and I ended up watching it with the wife who had never seen it. It was good 'back then' and it was still good today. It's a solid little thriller that's very well acted by everyone. Of particular note, John Goodman is REALLY good in this. He's a detective working a similar case to Pacino's, so they team up in order to work the case together. What's great is how the film does a perfect job of showing how guys can meet and become instant friends. It expertly handles the 'how guys hang out and bullshit with each other' tropes that very few films get right.
                        As to Ellen Barkin...wow. She is luminous in this. If you're a fan, check this one out.

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE (Tom Cruise, John Voight) 1996
                        This is also on the pay channels (HBO, I think). It turned out that the wife had never seen this one. She wanted to take a break from the Bond films BUT see something similar, so this fit the bill.
                        It still really holds up as a solid thriller and as one of the best of the franchise. I still say that RN is the best overall film, but this first one has the Henry Czerny secret weapon that should have been kept for the entire franchise. Good fun.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

A Futile and Stupid Gesture. It's a biopic on Netflix about Doug Kenney and National Lampoon. Some bits of genius in here but overall it can't figure out a tone. I wasn't aware of alot stuff covered in this movie so it worked in that aspect, but the actor choices for some roles are just awkward and off putting and while Joel McHale tried his best, it was weird seeing him do a Chevy impression.
                          Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                          He made Chevy seem like less of a douche. Still shocked he was OK with the real coke scenes.
                          Curious to see Fake John Landis.
                          Originally posted by Ari
                          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                            Curious to see Fake John Landis.

Fake John Landis looked like you expected. He's in it for 30 seconds.

Fake Ivan Reitman was uncanny in resemblance.

Comment

• I thought fake Ramis did a decent job too.

Comment

• What do you mean "real Coke scenes"? (I haven't watched it yet.)

Comment

Working...
                                X