Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What Movie Did You Just Watch?

Lesley also saw The Professional for the first time. I thought she'd tell me to turn it off (and in the first 15 mins it looked like that may happen) but she ended up liking it. Which is good as I fucking love this movie.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

speed racer. this movie kicked ass. the wachowski brothers had a lot of throw backs to the old anime. they actually made the film work. only downside was that it was a little long but still awesome.
      The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Speed Racer was a big bag of mixed for me. It was bright and colorful, an anime come to life, no doubt. But who is this film for? I see it was targeted for kids, but the film is sometimes hard to follow and some of the dialogue is pretty cornball. If I was 10, I'd love this film, then hate it, then love it again. And Speed himself is kinda dull. I mean look at Pops Racer and Racer X and Sprittle and even Trixie (oh boy, I'd wreck Trixie) . They all oozed personality, while Speed was just kinda there. It's not a bad movie, it's certainly entertaining, but it's an odd film, and it looks like that oddity really hurt it's boxoffice. Still, I think it will destroy when it opens in Japan.
        Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
        John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Really? I've heard nothing but shit on this film. I'll probably netflix it as I have no desire whatsoever to see this.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

The races are fun, and I liked the characters for the most part, but it's bizzare looking, never looking like it's taking place in any kind of "real world". I'm not hating on it too much, cause really, it's a movie based on a crappy anime. I wasn't expecting too much. I don't think I'll ever need to watch it again, though.

Comment

We watched Knocked Up last night. Maybe I was in a wierd mood, but that movie just isn't that funny the more you watch it. Granted any scene with just the guys in it was still good as was Paul Rudd's "Doc Brown" impression, but I was laughing more the previous night watching The 40 year old Virgin. But it's still better than Superbad.

Comment

Watched Chicago on blu-ray last night. Pretty great little musical (I'm so gay for the musical). Gotta love the message: If you cheat on your husband, kill your lover, and lie under oath, you'll have no problem becoming rich and famous.

Comment

Oh I love Chicago. And you are correct sir, that is the message!

Comment

Poor John C Reilly. What a pathetic bitch he was.

Comment

No shit. It's just like, GROW A PAIR!

Comment

When you're married to Pruny McFart Face, it's just not worth it. Not at all.

Comment

She used to be cute. What the hell happened?
                          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ari
                            Speed Racer was a big bag of mixed for me. It was bright and colorful, an anime come to life, no doubt. But who is this film for? I see it was targeted for kids, but the film is sometimes hard to follow and some of the dialogue is pretty cornball. If I was 10, I'd love this film, then hate it, then love it again. And Speed himself is kinda dull. I mean look at Pops Racer and Racer X and Sprittle and even Trixie (oh boy, I'd wreck Trixie) . They all oozed personality, while Speed was just kinda there. It's not a bad movie, it's certainly entertaining, but it's an odd film, and it looks like that oddity really hurt it's boxoffice. Still, I think it will destroy when it opens in Japan.
                            i agree with ari's review. the story was really convoluted and you could tell that the adults understood what was going on, but at the same time it was marketed towards kids. which sucks, cause i had to sit through the movie behind a family with a little girl and that girl could not sit still for the life of her. all she did was stand up, sit down, and play with her chair. this movie should have really been marketed towards adults over 21 since they would have gotten a lot of the inside jokes and would have understood the plot.

Comment

I'm still against any live action movies based on Anime.

Goddamit Wachowski's, get to making some good movies. You're losing all of the good will you gained with the first Matrix and Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                                I'm still against any live action movies based on Anime.

Goddamit Wachowski's, get to making some good movies. You're losing all of the good will you gained with the first Matrix and Bound.
                                this is really the first time i felt it was done correctly and was entertaining. before speed racer, i thought death note's live action adaptation was great but holy crap the wachowskis hit the nail on the head with this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X