Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just re-watched Halloween's 3-5. Here's my thoughts:

Halloween 3 is so fucking bizarre. Killer robots! Stonehenge! Masks that melt your head and turn it into insects & snakes! Tom Atkins meeting some dead guy's daughter, then promptly making the sex with her! I don't what the fuck anyone was thinking with this movie, but I love it.

Halloween 4: So this may be my second favorite Mike Myers Halloween film after the original. I love how the cops actually listen to Loomis, instead of what most horror sequels would have done. And having the rednecks go hunting for him is great. People actually make smart decisions in the movie! There's a scene where Michael is somewhere in a school at night when the rednecks show up. They debate for a few minutes whether they should go in, and they actually decide not to! Michael ends up hiding under their truck and murdering them all anyway, but at least they tried! And the ending with Jamie touching her uncle only to have his evil passed on to her is neat! I'm totally down with a female killer in the next one, unless they pull a Tommy Jarvis on us and that doesn't really go anywhere. No way they would do that...

Halloween 5: Well, they fucking did that. Jamie is now just a freaked out mute with a psychic connection to her still alive uncle. The characters all suck and everything takes forever and some dude with boots shows up to do nothing until the end when he assists Michael with escaping prison. Oh, him and Michael both have the same tattoo too, so there's that. This movie is a bland-as-shit-garbage-heap. And I think the next one was even worse.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• 6 is stupid but I have good memories of seeing it in the theater with my pops and friends. 5 is indeed terrible, and I too dig the shit out of 4.

3 is great, 2 is meh, and 1 is still the best.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        6 is stupid but I have good memories of seeing it in the theater with my pops and friends. 5 is indeed terrible, and I too dig the shit out of 4.

3 is great, 2 is meh, and 1 is still the best.
        6 was the first Halloween film I had ever seen, and I went with some buddies to see it in the theater. Boy, did it blow. We snuck into Usual Suspects after.

I'm going to watch the Producer's Cut next, but I'm not holding out any hope.
        Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
        John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• #4 was the only one of the HALLOWEEN films that I saw theatrically, and I remember it being really good. Never saw 5, 6, H20, or the Zombie films.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          Originally posted by Martin
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• H20 isn't bad, it's just kind of there which is a shame. The ending was great until the next movie made it worthless. The Zombie movies would have been awesome if it wasn't Michael Myers.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I...I saw Halloween: Resurrection in the theatre.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• hahah. It's okay Russ. We've all made questionable decisions in our lives at some point.

I blind bought the latest Transformers movie. And I am a full blown adult.

Comment

• Holy shit man

(How was the King Arthur stuff?)
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• That and the WW2 flashbacks were the only interesting things in the movie. And you can watch both of those scenes on Youtube.

I usually am the fan of these ridiculous movies, but it was TERRIBLE and I'm the dick who can still enjoy most of Age of Extinction.

Comment

• Just saw a drunk Stanley Tucci in a Merlin beard talking to a robot.

Man this shit is strange.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• yep. THE LINE OF WITWICCANS! fucking ridiculous how they tied Merlin to Shia's character hahahah.

Comment

• BABY DRIVER- This is a very good movie with a couple really dumb things. The biggest thing being that Spacey's crimeboss is a fucking moron when it comes to picking crews. It also felt like Wright meticulously planned the first half of the movie with the music and choreography and got tired of it once the third act kicked in.

Comment

• SOCIETY- Hahahaha, WHAT THE FUCK.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                              BABY DRIVER- This is a very good movie with a couple really dumb things. The biggest thing being that Spacey's crimeboss is a fucking moron when it comes to picking crews. It also felt like Wright meticulously planned the first half of the movie with the music and choreography and got tired of it once the third act kicked in.
                              Yeah, it's great how good the third act gets once all that goes away!

Comment

• Spielberg.

Not the first documentary on my favorite director and honestly not the best one either. Spielberg on Spielberg and Mark Kermode's BBC docu were superior and had them go into more details of how 1941 humbled him. This kinda skirted over that... as well as his failures in general.

But it makes up for that with surprisingly candid confessions on Spielberg's home life and best of all... the legendary Home Movies of Spielberg, Lucas, Scorsese, Coppola, De Palma, Milius, etc. hanging out is shown. I want just a documentary on those, dammit!
                                Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 10-13-2017, 08:52 AM.
                                Originally posted by Ari
                                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Working...
                                X