Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went old school recently and caught THE PUBLIC ENEMY, starring James Cagney. That ending - wow. Pretty hardcore by today's standards but it must've been a kick to the nuts back in 1931.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
      Went old school recently and caught THE PUBLIC ENEMY, starring James Cagney. That ending - wow. Pretty hardcore by today's standards but it must've been a kick to the nuts back in 1931.
      Holy cow, we watched that other night as well! It was on TCM, I think.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Had Lesley watch Texas chainsaw 2 the other night as it came to light she never watched it before.

I love this silly fucking movie so goddamn much. Thankfully my wife has the same sense of humor as I do because she too had a bunch of fun. It's just so stupid it works. Hopper is a goddamn madman.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• That the one with Hopper having his twin chainsaws as if they were pistols? LOVE THAT ONE
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
            Holy cow, we watched that other night as well! It was on TCM, I think.
            That's where I saw it! WE SHARED A MOMENT!

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• hahha
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• "You must spread some rep..." etc., etc., etc.

Comment

• Sarah had not seen Creep, and the sequel hits Netflix in like two weeks, so we revisited it. Mark Duplass is a creepy fucking dude. If you haven't seen this, you should. It's like an hour and 15 minutes, and moves quick.

Comment

• Hatchet. Never saw this and grabbed it for 5 bucks on iTunes. Jesus christ. The movie was terrible BUT in the BEST WAY. The kills in this movie are what little Rob wanted from every single F13 movie as a kid. Shit was over the top and amazing even if the makeup by Buechler looked like shit in regards to Victor. Looked like some Face/Off finale shit.

Comment

• BLADE RUNNER 2049.

I saw this on Friday night and wanted time to think on it for a while before posting any sort of response.

Overall, I liked it but didn't love it. After a few more viewings (on video, I'm not seeing this again theatrically), my opinion of the film may improve.

Spoiler: Spoilers 
                        I had a couple of minor issues with the film (Gosling being a tad too flat in his acting choices and the film being a good half hour too long come to mind), but I think my main issue was with the overall themes of the film. While I found the concepts compelling and well articulated, there was nothing there that had the weight of what was discussed in the first film. Also, there wasn't anyone in the new film that had the thematic weight of Roy Batty to drive the theme home. When Roy delivers his 'Tears in Rain' speech, it's a gutpunch. There isn't a moment in this film that even comes close to that, so it kinda feels incomplete. Again, maybe it'll improve in additional showings but it's not there for me now.

Apart from Gosling, I thought that the acting was uniformly excellent across the board. I even liked Leto on this, who I think gave a pretty intriguing performance as Wallace. The real standouts for me in the film were the actresses who played Joi and the one who played the physical surrogate in the intimacy scene.

And that brings me to my main takeaway about the movie: I really, REALLY enjoyed the Joi character and the relationship that was built with K/Joe. That moved me. The physical intimacy scene, while also being a special effects marvel, was deeply touching and incredibly effective. It was also one of the few times where I bought Gosling's performance. When Joi got 'killed' and had a moment to say 'I love you' really quickly...that also hit me hard. The master stroke? Having the 10 story high hologram negate all of what came before with Joi's relationship by calling K 'Joe' as a part of the ad campaign. Again, that was another moment where I thought that Gosling nailed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                          Sarah had not seen Creep, and the sequel hits Netflix in like two weeks, so we revisited it. Mark Duplass is a creepy fucking dude. If you haven't seen this, you should. It's like an hour and 15 minutes, and moves quick.
                          It's so good. Just completely unnerving throughout with a crazy ending. I'd love to find a Peachfuzz mask but approximately zero people I know would get the reference. I didn't know the sequel was already finished! Awesome!

Comment

• LAYER CAKE

One I've always wanted to see. It was very good, although some of the accents were a tad thick to suss out, meaning that some of the convoluted plot elements/twists were a little hard to initially get. I can see why people looked at Daniel Craig in this film and thought 'maybe he'd make a good Bond.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                              BLADE RUNNER 2049.

I saw this on Friday night and wanted time to think on it for a while before posting any sort of response.

Overall, I liked it but didn't love it. After a few more viewings (on video, I'm not seeing this again theatrically), my opinion of the film may improve.

Spoiler: Spoilers 
                              I had a couple of minor issues with the film (Gosling being a tad too flat in his acting choices and the film being a good half hour too long come to mind), but I think my main issue was with the overall themes of the film. While I found the concepts compelling and well articulated, there was nothing there that had the weight of what was discussed in the first film. Also, there wasn't anyone in the new film that had the thematic weight of Roy Batty to drive the theme home. When Roy delivers his 'Tears in Rain' speech, it's a gutpunch. There isn't a moment in this film that even comes close to that, so it kinda feels incomplete. Again, maybe it'll improve in additional showings but it's not there for me now.

Apart from Gosling, I thought that the acting was uniformly excellent across the board. I even liked Leto on this, who I think gave a pretty intriguing performance as Wallace. The real standouts for me in the film were the actresses who played Joi and the one who played the physical surrogate in the intimacy scene.

And that brings me to my main takeaway about the movie: I really, REALLY enjoyed the Joi character and the relationship that was built with K/Joe. That moved me. The physical intimacy scene, while also being a special effects marvel, was deeply touching and incredibly effective. It was also one of the few times where I bought Gosling's performance. When Joi got 'killed' and had a moment to say 'I love you' really quickly...that also hit me hard. The master stroke? Having the 10 story high hologram negate all of what came before with Joi's relationship by calling K 'Joe' as a part of the ad campaign. Again, that was another moment where I thought that Gosling nailed it.
                              Fucking loved it. I think we have a new classic, like the origjnal.
                              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Cult of Chucky. Dug it more than Curse and Brad's daughter does some pretty great work in it. Decent kills and I dug the new twist they added. It's on Netflix.

Comment

Working...
                                X