Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
    NINJA SCROLL

I've mentioned it before, but my wife has kinda gotten into anime. I showed her this one and she liked it, although the violence and sex/nudity in it startled her ('people actually DRAW that???')

It looks like some Studio Ghibli stuff is out there (or coming out) on blu ray, so I'll be nabbing some of that. She absolutely loved CASTLE OF CAGLIOSTRO, so that Miyazaki mindset will work beautifully for her I think.
    Ninja Scrolls indeed owns.

Pussy poison FTW!
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
      Ninja Scrolls indeed owns.

Pussy poison FTW!
      The 'pussy poison' element kinda made my wife cringe a bit. She was absolutely floored that people would draw that kind of stuff.

I'll show her some hentai when she's ready for it.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• If Ninja Scroll made her flinch, the next movie needs to be Urotosakidoji
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Legend of the Overfiend! Yep, I've seen those movies...not going there with her.
          Not yet, anyways.
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• The Recall - Wesley Snipes and the palsy kid from Breaking Bad fight aliens. The trailer was much more entertaining. This was terrible. Snipes seemed to be in a completely different movie.

Transformers The Last Knight - yeahhhhh, I'm finally done with this series. This was 2.5 hours of loud noises and random shit, which I know people say the other movies are too, but this was just borrrring.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
              Transformers - yeahhhhh, I'm finally done with this series
              Thought this exact same thing about an hour into the first film
              XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• Mother!

Jennifer Lawrence is a child pretending to be an adult. Again.

The religious allegories on display were exceedingly heavy handed--not that one would expect anything less from Dank Aron at this point.

In concept, it could be a very intriguing exercise, but it is handled so clumsily that it becomes complete camp when it reaches its extremes.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• How did your audience react?
                  Originally posted by Ari
                  The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Mostly hushed mutterings between couples and groups. Nothing out of the ordinary, though some looked bewildered at what just transpired.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Some Kind of Wonderful - some prime late '80s Hughes on display here, with a great soundtrack, too (played the shit out of it back in the day). The love triangle with the hotness of young Lea Thompson, Mary Stuart Masterson, and Eric Stoltz (this guy already - dude had a habit of making his costars his girlfriends. Mighty is the pimp hand of Stoltz!) plays out nicely here, with everyone coming out better for the experience. Stoltz' character was kind of a dolt though when it came to his buddy Watts. Helen Keller could have seen she was into him in that way, but like most guys his age (as I was back then), the guy needed the info written to him in 20 foot letters of fire.

Special shout out to Elias Koteas as Duncan the bald - dude was the Doc Holliday to to Stoltz' Wyatt Earp, and is a personal favorite character of mine in the Hughes catalog. Mostly nowadays, as my brother-in-law strongly resembles him and is just as cool as fuck.

Comment

• Funny thing is Some Kind of Wonderful almost turned out to be Back to the Future 2.0 for Stoltz and had that happened... yeah his career would have been toast. It went into production with a different director (Martha Coolidge who helmed Valley Girl), Stoltz, different female leads (That much I don't know) and an entirely different look. He was apparently rocking a mullet, looked "greasy" (His words) and still doing that method bullshit that fucked him outta BTTF.

Hughes saw several weeks of footage assembled and shut everything down, shit-canned just about everyone save for Stoltz (out of sympathy?) and brought in Howard Detuch to save the film.
                        Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Heard/read all that a long time ago - I think Mary Stuart Masterson was also locked down early on too. This was also the film that led to Howard Deutch to fall for Lea Thompson, eventually marrying her. Dude commissioned a bunch of paintings of her for use in the film (I think it was to the tune of $40K).

Comment

• Side-note: I certainly adored Hughes' 80's catalog growing up. The Breakfast Club spoke to me as an adolescent dweeb and remains the best single best high-school film (Sorry but Fast Times... never my thing). And Planes, Trains & Automobiles remains my favorite comedy. A perfect comedy from start to finish, in fact.

But Pretty in Pink? I didn't get it then and I really don't get it now in my 30's.
                            Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Yeah, not going down the Pretty in Pink road again - Lisa might be watching, y'know.

Comment

• If you read Pretty in Pink as an aggressive letter to NeoCon teens, it makes so much more fucking sense.
                                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Working...
                                X