Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not perfect, but it's toned down compared to the bombastic crap of the last few X movies. And it worked. It's the first movie where Wolverine is interesting.
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
      That's always the empty-handed defense for that kind of shit. Fuck, I'd have more respect if people just shoved their fingers in their ears and went "LALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU! LALALALALALLALA"
      OR you're just coming at it from a film critic point of a view whereas most people don't do that. Also, again, I'm not sure who you are arguing with here, but I don't think anyone said it was OSCAR caliber work or anything. It was just a new and interesting way to have the character exit the franchise in my opinion.

For me it's not an empty handed defense. I liked the movie because it was a different side of Wolvie, tonally it worked for me, the violence was aces and is what should have been in the movies in regards to the characters since day one (FUCKER HAS CLAWS, AND NOT ONE DROP OF BLOOD HAPPENS IN ANY OF THE MOVIES), and it was different than just a STOP A BIG BLUE LASER FROM SPACE FROM DESTROYING THE WORLD shit.

Again, I likes what I likes, and I likes Old Man Wolvie stabbing Mexicans in the face.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        OR you're just coming at it from a film critic point of a view whereas most people don't do that. Also, again, I'm not sure who you are arguing with here, but I don't think anyone said it was OSCAR caliber work or anything. It was just a new and interesting way to have the character exit the franchise in my opinion.

For me it's not an empty handed defense. I liked the movie because it was a different side of Wolvie, tonally it worked for me, the violence was aces and is what should have been in the movies in regards to the characters since day one (FUCKER HAS CLAWS, AND NOT ONE DROP OF BLOOD HAPPENS IN ANY OF THE MOVIES), and it was different than just a STOP A BIG BLUE LASER FROM SPACE FROM DESTROYING THE WORLD shit.

Again, I likes what I likes, and I likes Old Man Wolvie stabbing Mexicans in the face.
        But, was Wolverine stabbing Mexicans in the face interesting? Was forcing a temporary familial relationship interesting? If so, what made it interesting for you?
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Also, I argue with everyone.

In regards to the subject at hand, it's a weird state of being that people lull themselves into things like this.

When you eat a hamburger, what do you take away from it? If nothing, then it's just sustenance to get you from Point A to Point B. If you have expectations, then you note anything from the price to the flavor to the choice of bun, etc.

Entertainment/art/distractions from dying slowly take on a weird front. Is entertainment sustenance? You don't need it, you want it. So, that by itself implies a degree of selectivity towards what you choose to watch, play, etc.

So, even if it's just something to do, there's a reason people choose Thing A over Thing B. The inability for people to support/defend/illustrate why they made said choice is bizarre to me.

Some people might hate it, but fuck 'em. Your choices are what make you...you.

Do some people like fucking garbage? Yeah. They love garbage entertainment. But, it's studying why they chose that and discovering that microcosm aesthetic that makes things special.

TLDR: Argument for Aristotle's Poetics. Slight shade thrown at Film Twitter. I didn't enjoy Logan because it was a Superhero Flick wanting to be Shane, but being handled by a middlin' director checking off boxes for the squishest Box Office base.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Regarding LOGAN: I thought that it was very well acted compared to a lot of the others in the genre. While it did rip of SHANE to a degree, it still provided Logan with a good character arc to follow, and I admired the way that Jackman gave 100% to service that arc. I also like Professor X's arc and what Stewart brought to the character in terms of conflict and pathos. In short, I was able to engage with the film instead of just passively watch it. It's not a flawless movie by any means, but it largely worked for me.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Just a reminder: I did not hate it. I was let down by it. #OMN

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                Just a reminder: I did not hate it. I was let down by it. #OMN

Why were you let down by it? What did it not do for you?

Comment

• The deaths rang hollow for some reason. I thought the film is would elicit an emotional response and it did not.

Comment

• The first half was pretty rad. At one point though I looked at the remaining time and said "there's over an hour left??"

Comment

The first half was pretty rad. At one point though I looked at the remaining time and said "there's over an hour left??"

The first half is definitely paced better. The transition from Act 2 to Act 3 could stand about a 15 minute edit to move things the fuck along.
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                        The first half is definitely paced better. The transition from Act 2 to Act 3 could stand about a 15 minute edit to move things the fuck along.
                        [emoji41]

Comment

The deaths rang hollow for some reason. I thought the film is would elicit an emotional response and it did not.

Bingo.

But, the deaths in DOFP felt hollow too. Hell, the last time I remember an X-Men movie pulling off a successful emotional response was Xavier taking a bullet to the spine in First Class.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                            Regarding LOGAN: I thought that it was very well acted compared to a lot of the others in the genre. While it did rip of SHANE to a degree, it still provided Logan with a good character arc to follow, and I admired the way that Jackman gave 100% to service that arc. I also like Professor X's arc and what Stewart brought to the character in terms of conflict and pathos. In short, I was able to engage with the film instead of just passively watch it. It's not a flawless movie by any means, but it largely worked for me.
                            All of this for me.
                            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I thought PatStew was great. The vfx of his seizures was neat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                                Bingo.

But, the deaths in DOFP felt hollow too. Hell, the last time I remember an X-Men movie pulling off a successful emotional response was Xavier taking a bullet to the spine in First Class.
                                The
                                  Spoiler: spoilers 
                                deaths of the family at the farm
                                totally hit me. As for the other ones? A bit. Then again all I wanted from the "last" Wolverine movie was a nice send off and I got that. Dug X's arc and the bond between him and Wolvie.
                                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X