Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Becoming Bond.

For Die-Hard Bond Fans Only.

Works overall (an Austin Powers-level dick joke was out of place), jarring stunt-casting (Dana Carvey as Johnny Carson - *Sigh*) and it glosses over George Lazenby's post-Bond struggles before bouncing back with his real estate business in the 80's. But one can look past that based on what a great storyteller he is. You can easily see how he succeeded in car sales, modeling and talking his way into being Bond.

Not taking Lazenby's story 100% to heart though. He's a well-known bullshitter and it downplays his tensions with Cubby Broccoli, Peter Hunt and Diana Rigg while making On Her Majesty's Secret Service. If you've ever followed Lazenby's claims over the years, then you'll notice the inconsistencies as told here.

The most telling aspect is how Broccoli is never seen and barely mentioned. All on Harry Saltzman (perfectly cast as Jeff Garlin). Always got the impression Lazenby was Harry's boy (Years after both left Eon on bad terms, they developed projects together) and the Broccolis despised Lazenby and only begrudgingly include him in anniversary events.
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
      ***cracks knuckles***

Logan while featuring beloved characters and actors is painfully average. It's so fucking painfully average that I'm starting to believe that some of you don't know shit from Shinola.

But, oh well. It's not like it matters.
      I don't think anyone here is championing it as a masterwork in scripting/directing BUT in the pantheon of the current XMen movies, it's in the top 3 easily and the best shit that Jackman has done with the character.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        I don't think anyone here is championing it as a masterwork in scripting/directing BUT in the pantheon of the current XMen movies, it's in the top 3 easily and the best shit that Jackman has done with the character.
        His First Class cameo is the best thing he's done.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• That was a grand cameo, I'll give you that.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• It's great... but it also demonstrates a problem they've had.

First Class was so good and it proved one didn't have to Jackman involved to make an X-Men film that worked. And then the cameo happens and it single-handily becomes the moment everyone remembers from that film.

Not the cool 60's vibe, the popping dynamic of McAvoy and Fassbender (both who managed to take those iconic roles and make them their own) or the awesome villain turn from Kevin Bacon. Nope. Just 10 fucking seconds of Jackman.
            Originally posted by Ari
            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Honestly, I love First Class for everything but January Jones and the Wolvie cameo was a nice nod. But Logan was the Wolverine that should have been in ALL of the movies but wasn't thanks to the ratings but at the same time, he's such a boring character.

Comment

• Blomkamp's new studio released it's first free movie. It's fucking sweet.

Comment

• ooooooooooooooh I gotta watch.
                  BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• it's legit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                      ***cracks knuckles***

Logan while featuring beloved characters and actors is painfully average. It's so fucking painfully average that I'm starting to believe that some of you don't know shit from Shinola.

But, oh well. It's not like it matters.
                      That's what bugged me I think. It was just...there. The deaths didn't elicit any emotion from me. Old Man Nate. Haha, oh shit. Hang on.
                      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                        That's what bugged me I think. It was just...there. The deaths didn't elicit any emotion from me. Old Man Nate. Haha, oh shit. Hang on.

That disease movie out now with Elvis's granddaughter suffers from the same shit.

It's average as fuck, but people with limited experience thinks it's the Bee's Knees.
                        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• OR people just like shit they like?

Comment

it's legit.
                            I REALLY LIKED IT.
                            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• It's a great way to pitch a new flick. Plus I dig that he's giving away assets from the movie for free for others to use.,

Comment

OR people just like shit they like?
                                That's always the empty-handed defense for that kind of shit. Fuck, I'd have more respect if people just shoved their fingers in their ears and went "LALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU! LALALALALALLALA"

Comment

Working...
                                X