Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fil View Post
    After seeing Enemy and Prisoners, he's been one to watch for me, and Sicario and Arrival have been great so far.

Lego Batman

It was HILARIOUS!
    Enemy and Prisoners are the two I need to see. They aren't streaming anywhere!

Comment

• Prisoners was on Netflix forever.

Comment

• I screwed up, then. I must not have been looking for it at the time. I managed to see quite a few movies over the weekend. In addition to ARRIVAL, I saw

CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE - way better than I was expecting. It was interesting to see Kevin Hart as the straight man. And the Rock was really funny as the sincere weirdo.

THE GREASY STRANGLER- so weird. SO WEIRD. But I loved it. Stevie's wife from Eastbound and Down appears as the love interest so she's really cornering the market on "love interest for creeps" roles.

Comment

• The Rock made Central Intelligence not only watchable but enjoyable. The awkward hugs and stalkery talk was the best. And showing up at the end full on Sixteen Candles? YESSSSSSSSss
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Really? That's cool. Will watch.
            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Yeah, it's a lot of fun because of him.

And I forgot one! I also watched MIDNIGHT SPECIAL. it's really good. Shannon kills it as the driven dad. The crazy cult was a subdued menace, not over the top, which I liked. I would've liked to have learned more about where their sermons came from, though. Like, is it a cult only because most of us don't know about...well, what the kid knows? I really liked what we see at the end and would love to see more. Definitely a recommended watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                Minimalism: A Documentary About the Important Things

I watch it cooking with the wife, as she was interested. It kinda shook m a bit more than I expected. Granted, these guys are much more hardcore than I ever would be, but the message stands. How much shit do you need to buy to be happy? I've been wondering that for a while now. Accumulation of wealth, having a high paying job vs be happy. I won't sell all my stuff, but it does make me think on what's important. I kept wanting more and more.

Bigger house, more of this, of that. Now, I just wonder if it's all worth it. I might attempt something on a lesser degree, but I classify this as a must see.
                Watched this last night on your recommendation. Very interesting and thought provoking. The wife and I had a conversation afterwards that was pretty enlightening, and I think we're going to endeavor to pare down our consumption.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                Originally posted by Martin
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Nice!

We were already talking about it a bit months ago, but it was eye-opening. Like, I wasn't sure when I bought a semi-detached house, but now, since then, and after watching it, and like they said that a lot of home owners are using 40% of their houses, we're totally ok with ours.

Like, how much shit do you REALLY need? So I purged a lot of clothing. And look, unlike these guys, we love decoration and stuff, but sometimes we did overcharge our decors with stuff.

So yeah, eye-opening.
                  BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• NOW YOU SEE ME 2- Dammit, I want a whole series of these movies. I'm not completely sure I understand the overall story but I love the magic parts so much. In fact, since I don't like Eisenberg in literally anything else, lock him into a contract that allows him only to make more of these.

Comment

• That fucking card throwing shit in the middle was ridiculous
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• From a story angle it seemed like they passed it around way too many times, especially when they still had a problem with that last metal detector. But it was cool as hell to watch the whole thing.

Comment

• Yeah. I still like the first one more I think. I missed Isla
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• SAUSAGE PARTY- I think it was a funny concept that just goes on too long. It took me three tries to watch the last half hour because I kept falling asleep. Some of the jokes were really good. Kroll steals the show as the angry douche.

POPSTAR: NEVER STOP NEVER STOPPING- I maybe love this? It's so stupid but really well made. A couple of the songs are duds but the good ones are a lot of fun. Don't let fame make you turn your back on your friends, you guys.

Comment

• re: Sausage - hated it because it was feature length. If this was a 30 min short OR they spent more time with the bath salts guy it would have been hilarious. Nut you're right about Kroll. Perfect casting.

Pop star is great. Jorma was hilarious in it

Comment

• Sausage Party's big joke is Veggie Tales saying "Cunt" and "Fuck." And that got old. Fast.

Rogen has seriously been disappointing ever since his comeback with This is the End, a comedy that still holds up.
                                Originally posted by Ari
                                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Working...
                                X