Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
    Charlie Wilson's War. Pretty good. Would like to read more about the actual events. Weird seeing Tom Hanks next to nekkid breasticles.
    PSH was hilarious in that.

"I didn't stand at the door. Don't be an idiot. I bugged the Scotch bottle."

Comment

• Yesterday I watched Nights of Rodanthe. To give you an idea, it is based off of a book by the same author that wrote The Notebook, Message in a Bottle, and A Walk to Remember. And now that you all know that you probably hate the movie, I liked it. It wasn't as touching as The Notebook, but I think that is because I have a hard time relating to people that have been through divorce and have children. But I still enjoyed it.
      If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
        Which is why Mazzello is now owner and proprietor of several S&M dungeons in the southern California area.
        Oh how I wish this was a true statement.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Lesley View Post
          Yesterday I watched Nights of Rodanthe. To give you an idea, it is based off of a book by the same author that wrote The Notebook, Message in a Bottle, and A Walk to Remember. And now that you all know that you probably hate the movie, I liked it. It wasn't as touching as The Notebook, but I think that is because I have a hard time relating to people that have been through divorce and have children. But I still enjoyed it.
          I want to visit the outer banks some day. There's something strange yet drawing about such unique geography.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lesley View Post
            Yesterday I watched Nights of Rodanthe. To give you an idea, it is based off of a book by the same author that wrote The Notebook, Message in a Bottle, and A Walk to Remember. And now that you all know that you probably hate the movie, I liked it. It wasn't as touching as The Notebook, but I think that is because I have a hard time relating to people that have been through divorce and have children. But I still enjoyed it.
            I was expecting more from this movie, Diane Lane made up for it... damn I love her!
            "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

• Jet Li's Fearless for the 10th time.... love this movie!
              Speed Racer, better than I was expecting.. colorful visuals where great.
              "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

• Speed Racer on Saturday. It was like being slapped in the face by God's technicolor dildi [sic]. Fun, silly, and something I wish I'd caught in IMAX.

Adventureland about an hour ago. Very good throwback coming-of-age flick. Throw Say Anything, Risky Business, and Class (though there isn't any topless Virginia Madsen to be seen anywhere *tear*) into a blender and you have Adventureland. The soundtrack was pretty well put together (with Yo La Tengo scoring the flick...for any hipsters out there) and there is a great running gag involving that shitty Falco song from back in the day.

The cast is great and mostly keep everything low key and they all fit into the 1987 depicted very well. And although it is an out-of-time setting, the story still resonates.

Its not really as much of a comedy as it has been advertised, but there are some pretty great moments peppered throughout. And Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig add a lot to those moments (but not overselling it all like they do in the bit parts they've played before). Though I think it is really Martin "Bill Haverchuck" Starr that really steals the show.

All in all, it was a solid effort by Greg Mattola and Co.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Speed Racer is one of my favorite movies of the last few years. I so wish I would have given it a chance in the theater, but it looks fucking glorious on blu.

I'll have to check out Adventureland when it hits dvd.

Watching Hitchhikers Guide atm. Stephen Fry is the man and it has one of my favorite Sam Rockwell performances next to Galaxy Quest.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I just finished the last episode of Death Note. Helluva of a meltdown and helluva of a payoff.
                    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• We watched Get Smart last night. Nothing memorable but we laughed a few times. Koechner and Crews were pretty good. And Dwayne Johnson is always fun to watch. Otherwise it was Michael Scott as a spy.

Comment

• Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Pretty good. Too much cock though. I think the filmmakers thought that was funnier than anything else so they added in more scenes.
                        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• That must've been the "unrated" version, you only see Segal's wang in three scenes.
                          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• I was surprised there wasn't vampcock in the puppet play.

Puppet wang is funny. Real wang? Not so much.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Layer Cake...cool British crime flick, not as good as any of the other big ones I've seen.

Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist...cute romcom, I enjoyed the story, plus I'd love to give it to Kat Dennings.
                              Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

• Originally posted by BiG B View Post
                                plus I'd love to give it to Kat Dennings.
                                Motherfucking plus one.
                                Last edited by PHEDG; 04-06-2009, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X