Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civil War is slowly creeping up to be one of my favorites.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Sausage Party. If this were a 15 min short film it would have been hilarious. But an 80 min feature? Ehhhh. A few super hilarious parts but mostly boring as fuck. That being said, Kroll as the Douche was fucking PERFECT. He was the best part of the movie along with the bath salts guy.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• AVP:Requiem

Man, this movie could have been pretty fucking decent had the goddamn Straus brothers spent a bit of the budget on LIGHTING THE GODDAMN MOVIE SO YOU COULD SEE WHAT THE SHIT IS HAPPENING.

I really hope Shane Black is able to bring us a good Predator movie.

Comment

• HATED AVP:R for just that reason. I bought the AVP set before watching this one, and I haven't watched it since the first time I opened the box. Probably more than 10 years ago. I kinda dug the first one, though.
          I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• I much prefer Requiem to the first if only because of how neutered the first movie is. This is not a hard concept to get right. The comics did it awesomely. I bought the female lead in the comics. I did not buy the female lead in the first movie. Plus the Predators looked like linebackers.

Comment

• Predators > all.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• ARRIVAL

EXCELLENT. Some slight issues with pacing and with the sound mix (some of the dialog is a tad too low in the mix, especially with Forest Whitaker) keep it from being awesome, but those are fairly minor quibbles.

It's a sci fi film for people that want something to talk about and feel strongly about. It's short on spectacle, favoring examining how people think and communicate instead. Very cerebral, it packs an emotional wallop that should stick with you when the credits roll. I won't spoil anything by going into details, but yeah...see it, and see it without any spoilers. Just don't expect any real action.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                Originally posted by Martin
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• A good friend of mine whose opinion I trust implicitly just saw this, and he raved about it. I may not get to see this in the theaters, but I will see it.

Comment

• Well, the book was fucking good, so that's great news.
                    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Critters. Fuck yeah man, found it on demand and in great quality. Loved this movie as a kid and it still holds up as a fun b-monster movie. Grimes is the man, Zane and his ridiculous hair is great, and those bounty hunters still kick all kinds of ass.

Comment

• I loved that flick. I remember doing a Critters/the Blob/the Hidden marathon a lot.
                        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Teen Wolf. Man, I forgot just how much of a prick Stiles was. Jesus. Also, that party in the beginning is the most ridiculous high school party I've ever seen. Like, why is one girl who is in charge of the "games" only wearing lingerie? It makes no sense. Fox shows he is a great physical comedian though. That scene where he's running through the halls with the wet floor is still fucking hilarious.

Comment

• GREEN ROOM- WHOA.

I miss Yelchin.

Comment

• That movie is fucking brutal. I love it.

Comment

• It was okay. Hyped beyond belief but a solid thriller.

Comment

Working...
                                X