Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do not, for any reason, go and see JACK REACHER: NEVER GO BACK. It's horrible, 0 out of 4 stars. Just watch the first one again and save your money.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• dude that sucks....you were one of the people that talked me into giving the first a chance and it was great. sucks.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
        Do not, for any reason, go and see JACK REACHER: NEVER GO BACK. It's horrible, 0 out of 4 stars. Just watch the first one again and save your money.

They know it stinks. I got asked to hold back my review until tomorrow.

On the other hand, Hacksaw Ridge or whatever it's called is Best Picture material. I hope they don't get political and try to fuck Gibson out of a Director nom. Dude deserves it.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Glad to hear about Hacksaw Ridge, even my two oldest kids said it looked good. Reacher however sucks because I KNOW the wife will HAVE to see that. Was hoping it would be close to the first.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Also, watched Central Intelligence. Went in not expecting much because A)Kevin Hart, B)The material is not exactly Oscar bait, but honestly I had a fucking blast with it. Hart and The Rock have a chemistry that is undeniable and The Rock gets to play a character that is a bit off the rails in an unexpected way. Worth the watch, won't buy the blu ray but still had fun.

Also watched The Gambler with Marky Mark and HOLY FUCK did the ads paint a totally different picture of what that was versus what it ACTUALLY was. I enjoyed it but spent a majority of the time wondering who the fuck cut the trailers for this movie.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Rob and Billy's blasphemy is legendary. . . even in hell.
              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• I woke up this morning furious about JACK REACHER: NGB.

This is easily Cruise's worst film. It used to be a toss-up between FAR AND AWAY and LIONS FOR LAMBS, but now it's easily JR2. This isn't just bad, it's incompetent. There's simply no excuse for a film this bad to get made by a major studio with one of the biggest stars in the world.

The direction is terrible. Point and shoot with zero composition.
                The acting is terrible from everyone, including Cruise. Smulders is particularly amateurish, and the blonde kid is horrid.
                The action sucks. It's poorly shot and edited with zero oomph.
                The script is terrible. Tons of really awful, groan inducing dialog.
                The plot relies on every cliche that you can think of, and there are holes all over the place.
                - At one point, Reacher goes out to look for some guy named Prudhomme. Next thing you know, he's at a hotel stopping Prudhomme's wife as she's about to enter. How did he know where to find her? How did he know what she looked like?
                - At one point, Reacher and Smulders are in a parking lot trying to escape from the military. They create a diversion and then escape in the back of a food truck. The military guys looking for them see the truck and give chase in their cars, stopping the truck. Are they in it? No. Next shot is Cruise and Smulders driving away in a stolen police car. You never see how they escaped the food truck or stole the car.

Seriously, avoid this at all costs. This film is a complete embarrassment for everyone involved. 0 out of 4 stars.
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                  I woke up this morning furious about JACK REACHER: NGB.

This is easily Cruise's worst film. It used to be a toss-up between FAR AND AWAY and LIONS FOR LAMBS, but now it's easily JR2. This isn't just bad, it's incompetent. There's simply no excuse for a film this bad to get made by a major studio with one of the biggest stars in the world.

The direction is terrible. Point and shoot with zero composition.
                  The acting is terrible from everyone, including Cruise. Smulders is particularly amateurish, and the blonde kid is horrid.
                  The action sucks. It's poorly shot and edited with zero oomph.
                  The script is terrible. Tons of really awful, groan inducing dialog.
                  The plot relies on every cliche that you can think of, and there are holes all over the place.
                  - At one point, Reacher goes out to look for some guy named Prudhomme. Next thing you know, he's at a hotel stopping Prudhomme's wife as she's about to enter. How did he know where to find her? How did he know what she looked like?
                  - At one point, Reacher and Smulders are in a parking lot trying to escape from the military. They create a diversion and then escape in the back of a food truck. The military guys looking for them see the truck and give chase in their cars, stopping the truck. Are they in it? No. Next shot is Cruise and Smulders driving away in a stolen police car. You never see how they escaped the food truck or stole the car.

Seriously, avoid this at all costs. This film is a complete embarrassment for everyone involved. 0 out of 4 stars.

When the Madea movie and Ouija were better, something went wrong.

That being said, I loved the Madea movie. Mainly because every other character kept bringing up how in the world isn't she in jail? It was a running gag that seemed to be created in Tyler Perry's blindspot because it was a great big middle finger to the glaring plothole in all of these movies.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Drag Me To Hell

How the fuck did Raimi make this minor classic...then nothing until Oz...and nothing since then? Fuck this is so good.

Comment

• Ugh. Hate that movie.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                        Ugh. Hate that movie.
                        You're still all alone on hater island.

Comment

• fine by me. It's not enough of a horror movie nor enough of a cartoonish one. It's in that weird middle ground where it doesn't do anything for me.

Comment

• Checked out ID4 2 this weekend. It took a bit too long to get to the goods but I love the world building they did with this. The 3rd act was fucking NUTS and the movie they promised us in the sequel to this would be AMAZING but we'll never get it.

The new "leads" were all terrible especially Smith's kid. TERRIBLE ACTOR. Holy shit. So bad. Didn't buy one single line reading of his. Thor's brother was fine and the chick from IT Follows was okay. Seeing these aliens straight going to war and fucking shit up was great.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                              Drag Me To Hell

How the fuck did Raimi make this minor classic...then nothing until Oz...and nothing since then? Fuck this is so good.
                              I need to do a rewatch ASAP.
                              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Have You're Next coming in the mail tomorrow since it was only 6 bucks on blu. I know some of you recommended it. It better be decent.

Comment

Working...
                                X