Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civil War. Still totally fucking awesome. Man I am pumped to see what the Russos do with Infinity War. Spidey is still so great in this.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• HIGH RISE- ...is a movie that I'm watching. Why don't all these people just leave? It certainly looks great, like art direction and all that, but, yeah...

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
        HIGH RISE- ...is a movie that I'm watching. Why don't all these people just leave? It certainly looks great, like art direction and all that, but, yeah...

because it's like straight adapting a speculative Sci-Fi book written 45 years ago and playing it straight now.

A lot of it doesn't translate.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Not only that but the whole degradation of the building is done via montage and happens in what seems to be an instantaneous fashion. They either needed some script work or better editing. Which I'm not sure of but it just falls apart when that montage hits.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• That's where it really lost me, too, Josh.

Comment

• Haha. Jamie raved about this movie.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Sure I loved it. But said upfront this isn't for... 95% of movie-goers, and I totally get why. There's a point where the film literally goes insane and you sorta think to yourself, "Am I losing it... or is it this movie?"
                Originally posted by Ari
                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Nope, I knew it was the movie and that's kind of a bad thing for me. It just went right off the fucking rails. And not in a good way.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• THE JUNGLE BOOK- I bought this because the kid was flipping out when she saw it on the TVs at Costco the other day. Holy hell, it's GREAT. I didn't care much for the cartoon when I was little but this was all-around excellent. I hope there are some BTS things on the Blu-ray because I'm really interested in how made everything so life-like. Because it was mostly green screen, right?

Comment

• The Green Inferno. A flick about a group of white, overpriviliged college kids protesting deforestation and running afoul of a tribe of rainforest cannibals. Cannibal flicks used to be a thing in the 70's. I saw one called make Them Die Slowly that was just EVIL. This one had a serious gory scene when the first kid gets carved up and eaten. But that was really it. I expected it to be a lot more violent than it was. A little boring, really. I mean, if you're gonna make a cannibal flick, that's what puts the asses in the seats, right? Color me disappointed.
                      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Isn't this Eli Roth?

Comment

• Yeah. Too bad, I wanted uber-gore.
                          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Agreed - Eli held back on what should have been an over the top gore fest. Some decent kills, some truly off the wall stuff, but he's done better.

Comment

• Sausage Party

First half is hilarous, last 15 or so min is hilarious, I can forgive some of the middle drag. Worth admission just for the
                                Spoiler: spoilZZ 
                              massive food orgy
                              at the end
                              XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• Originally posted by Trejo View Post
                                Sausage Party

First half is hilarous, last 15 or so min is hilarious, I can forgive some of the middle drag. Worth admission just for the
                                  Spoiler: spoilZZ 
                                massive food orgy
                                at the end
                                That ending redeems the movie for me.
                                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Working...
                                X