Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
    I think Lesley wanted to see it. Decent action sequences by chance?
    Yes, some really good stuff in there. Watching them go through the process of hunting, catching, and processing a whale was really quite cool. We dug it immensely. It slows down quite a bit for act 3 when they're going into Longpig mode, but it's still compelling.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Still haven't seen The Witch yet. It looks like I would be bored fucking silly.
      You will be.
      Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
      John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Is it even remotely scary? I just keep reading about this stupid goat and shit and it seriously looks soooooooo fucking boring.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I've heard 'it sucked' from a couple of coworkers. It's not high on my list of must-see movies, even though I suspect that I'll like it.
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• The Witch is about paranoia and dread and isolation. It is not a jump scare horror movie.

Comment

Is it even remotely scary? I just keep reading about this stupid goat and shit and it seriously looks soooooooo fucking boring.
              It's not really scary; more like creepy and unnerving. It's also very slow and it can be damn hard to hear what they're saying over the thick accents.

It's kinda along the lines of Rosemary's Baby. Not a scary film but there's still something uncomfortable about it.
              Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
              John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• ah, yeah. Totally pass until it's on HBO and I'm completely out of things to watch.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Agree with these guys. Other than an admittedly super fucked up sequence early, it's a really slow burn and more of a character piece than "BOO! I'm the witch!" type shit. Definitely some disturbing stuff that happens over the run-time though, and still something I'd recommend to anyone that is interested. For all I heard about the goat before watching it, it really only has a couple moments in the film, so don't buy into all that stuff too much.

The accents are pretty tough at times though, my wife had trouble making out half the dialogue and I was doing my best to translate for her from what I could make out.
                  XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                    I've heard 'it sucked' from a couple of coworkers. It's not high on my list of must-see movies, even though I suspect that I'll like it.
                    You're coworkers are suspect.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                      The Witch is about paranoia and dread and isolation. It is not a jump scare horror movie.
                      boring, boring, and more boring.

Also if your movie makes it so I have to turn on subtitles to hear what you're saying because the sound mix sucks, get the fuck outta here. Double so if it's filled with hard to understand accents.

Also, I hate horror period pieces with a passion except for a few exceptions.

Comment

• BROOKLYN

Really solid, entertaining period drama. It's about a young woman leaving Ireland to make a new life (begin her life, really) in Brooklyn circa 1950. Romance ensues as she becomes more American. She gets pulled back to Ireland due to her sister's death and is pressured to remain.

This was one that my wife wanted to see, and I ended up enjoying it very much. It's very well acted by all of the major players, and the story itself is handled with a delicate touch with just the right amount of humor. I can see why it was nominated for as many awards as it was, because it's really a first rate piece of work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                          BROOKLYN

Really solid, entertaining period drama. It's about a young woman leaving Ireland to make a new life (begin her life, really) in Brooklyn circa 1950. Romance ensues as she becomes more American. She gets pulled back to Ireland due to her sister's death and is pressured to remain.

This was one that my wife wanted to see, and I ended up enjoying it very much. It's very well acted by all of the major players, and the story itself is handled with a delicate touch with just the right amount of humor. I can see why it was nominated for as many awards as it was, because it's really a first rate piece of work.
                          I loved the holy hell out of this movie. In a year without Room, this would've won Best Actress.
                          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                            I loved the holy hell out of this movie. In a year without Room, this would've won Best Actress.
                            Yeah, I kinda loved it as well. Very surprised at that. It's just one of those really well done movies from back to front. The wife adored it.

Comment

Also if your movie makes it so I have to turn on subtitles to hear what you're saying because the sound mix sucks, get the fuck outta here. Double so if it's filled with hard to understand accents.

Also, I hate horror period pieces with a passion except for a few exceptions.
                              I definitely didn't need subtitles. Too many loud nights, young Robert!

Comment

• Popstar. Had some legit laugh out loud moments (the bees, the magic trick, the penis) but overall it felt like a really long SNL skit. A funny skit, but a skit none the less. It was more of mini skits stitched together than a cohesive flick in my opinion.

It blows my mind that no music mockumentary has been able to dethrone Spinal Tap as of yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X