Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poltergeist.

Still completely works. Still one of my favorite movies.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Batman: The Killing Joke

Terrible. Shitty animation, bored as fuck Kevin Conroy, terrible act 1 that was not needed and was overall pointless.

Goddammit DC.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Deathgasm.

Loved this for the most part. The love child of Sam Raimi and Peter Jackson with a bit of Edgar Wright mixed in.

Script was all over the place and some shit falls really flat (REALLY FLAT) BUT it felt like it was made with love and that goes a long way with me. The gore was pretty great, I laughed a bunch, and I'd watch this again.

I mean a dude gets
          Spoiler: spoilers 
        his junk cut off with a weed wacker that has been modified with barbed wire.
        and then a character says "Man, you're really good at wacking dudes off" or some shit.

yeah, I had fun. It's on Netflix.

Comment

• Interesting...
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• After the talk in the other thread I watched Tokyo Drift for the first time in AGES.

I still really dig how they fit this one in the time line with that end credits scene from Fast 6 and it still mostly holds up. Better than Part 7 still too. hah

Han still rules.

Comment

• Han is the best. Just give me a Han in Tokyo movie. Focused on fucking Han.

Comment

• Sausage Party.

A mixed bag, and that continues to be my thing with Seth Rogen. Ever since his comeback with This is the End, he just hasn't been able to live up to his killer concepts with accompanying great trailers (Neighbors, The Interview, The Night Before plus Preacher getting neutered on AMC).

Some truly "SCREAM out loud" moments brought together with an iffy (read: non-subtle) message on organized religion and race and the fact that the key joke is "It's Veggie Tales that say 'Cunt' and 'Fuck- A LOT" and the ending (the last two minutes) truly took one step too far, to the point where I said aloud, "STOP! Just.. STOP!"

To its credit, it goes several steps further than I thought it would. And for that, it needs to be seen to be believed. Even if it really wants to pretend like the work of Ralph Bakshi never exited.
                Originally posted by Ari
                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Seeing that tonight, and I bought my tickets ahead of time to ensure that we're going (it sold out last night). Looks like it's exceeding expectations by quite a bit.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• SAUSAGE PARTY

I borderline hated this. It's excessive for the sole purpose of being excessive, and that got tiresome as hell within about 5 minutes. We should have walked out when Honey Mustard went off on his tirade about the monsters jerking off in your face...it was just too much, vulgarity to shock without anything really funny behind it. The over use of profanity (and good GOD was it dense in that first act) became nails on a chalkboard. There are some genuinely funny moments in here (the used condom generated the biggest laugh from my audience) but there's a lot of padding in there in between the laughs. This felt like a 30 minute sketch stretched out to a feature length film.

The whole religious allegory works, though. There's a genuine idea there that's handled in a clever way, and I applaud the creators of the film for going there. It's clever as hell. Unfortunately, the movie surrounding the idea is fucking tedious as hell.

The food orgy at the end? It's embarrassing. I'll give them credit for going for it, but once you realize that they aren't going to hold back, there's no more shock to be had and again...tedious.

I predict a massive, MASSIVE drop next weekend for this film.
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• The used condom was most definitely one of the SCREAM out loud laughing moments.
                      Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• There were a couple of other moments (the Nazi sauerkraut never failed to make me laugh, and the T2 moment with Gum was awesome), but most of it was just FUCK SHIT THEY'RE GONNA EAT US CUNT FUCK I WANT TO FUCK YOU FUCK FUCK JERK OFF ON YOUR FACE SHIT SHIT CUNT FUCK. Douche was the main offender, but everyone got into the act. No restraint at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                          SAUSAGE PARTY

I borderline hated this. It's excessive for the sole purpose of being excessive, and that got tiresome as hell within about 5 minutes. We should have walked out when Honey Mustard went off on his tirade about the monsters jerking off in your face...it was just too much, vulgarity to shock without anything really funny behind it. The over use of profanity (and good GOD was it dense in that first act) became nails on a chalkboard. There are some genuinely funny moments in here (the used condom generated the biggest laugh from my audience) but there's a lot of padding in there in between the laughs. This felt like a 30 minute sketch stretched out to a feature length film.

The whole religious allegory works, though. There's a genuine idea there that's handled in a clever way, and I applaud the creators of the film for going there. It's clever as hell. Unfortunately, the movie surrounding the idea is fucking tedious as hell.

The food orgy at the end? It's embarrassing. I'll give them credit for going for it, but once you realize that they aren't going to hold back, there's no more shock to be had and again...tedious.

I predict a massive, MASSIVE drop next weekend for this film.

Comment

• See it and judge for yourself.

Comment

• Gonna go see the farting Harry Potter movie in a few hours at the new(ish) theater that serves booze! I'm not a Paul Dano fan but heard it's really good anyway.

Comment

• Matt's not wrong.
                                Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Working...
                                X