Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE TAKING OF PELHAM 123 (1974).

Fucking GREAT. The casual racism was eye-opening (wow...what a different time the 70s were) and kinda funny to watch in context. Solid thriller with a great ending to it that Matthau sells to perfection.

Fun stuff.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Hush - watched with the 10 and 12 year old. Easing them into "scary" movies a bit at a time and we all enjoyed this one. The kids now know how to sign bitch in sign language so that's a plus on the educational front too.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Haha. I really dug this flick. It worked on all levels for me.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Star Trek Beyond - now we're talking. Of the three NewTrek flicks we've had, this one absolutely nails the tone and vibe of the classic TV show the best. You have it all here - action, suspense, characters bonding and getting moments to shine (this is less of a Kirk & Spock driven entry - everybody's storyline chugs along at the same speed here, which is a tough trick to pull off between 7-8 characters plus villains).

The story beats are great and keep you guessing. Plus, the movie zips along during it's 2 hours - felt a lot shorter, and could've used an extra half hour to let some stories breathe a bit more (lot of stuff felt kind of crammed in or condensed - probably because there's so many characters to deal with and give a fair amount of exposure).

Also, the special effects: the Yorktown is astonishing on the big screen. If MC Escher designed a space station, this'd be it. Reminds me of how John Byrne depicted Mt. Olympus in an old issue of Action Comics - buildings jutting everywhere in all directions, thanks to the lack of limitations in outer space).

This is a good summer flick - definitely worth a viewing. Eagerly looking forward to the next installment, though I'm going to miss Yelchin - dude was great in this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
            Haha. I really dug this flick. It worked on all levels for me.
            Yep, no real complaints from me, other than maybe where the hell did the dude come from and why? But that's nitpicking at best.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
              Star Trek Beyond - now we're talking. Of the three NewTrek flicks we've had, this one absolutely nails the tone and vibe of the classic TV show the best. You have it all here - action, suspense, characters bonding and getting moments to shine (this is less of a Kirk & Spock driven entry - everybody's storyline chugs along at the same speed here, which is a tough trick to pull off between 7-8 characters plus villains).

The story beats are great and keep you guessing. Plus, the movie zips along during it's 2 hours - felt a lot shorter, and could've used an extra half hour to let some stories breathe a bit more (lot of stuff felt kind of crammed in or condensed - probably because there's so many characters to deal with and give a fair amount of exposure).

Also, the special effects: the Yorktown is astonishing on the big screen. If MC Escher designed a space station, this'd be it. Reminds me of how John Byrne depicted Mt. Olympus in an old issue of Action Comics - buildings jutting everywhere in all directions, thanks to the lack of limitations in outer space).

This is a good summer flick - definitely worth a viewing. Eagerly looking forward to the next installment, though I'm going to miss Yelchin - dude was great in this.
              Told ya! Glad you liked it too. In all honesty, it's probably 'the' film of the Summer for me.
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Star Trek Beyond

Just got back from watching this. I'll just echo the love, this is the best of the NuTrek. Jaylah was cool.

Suicide Squad

Watched this earlier today, super low expectations after how Bruce v Clark went and the reviews for Suicide Squad have been, but I didn't hate it, I kinda liked some of it. It's not a good movie, but I basically just liked some of the character interactions and moments. Leto's rich douche Joker sucked, but I liked Harley, Deadshot, El Diablo, and Waller. Boomerang was underused, but I liked the little we got. You probably won't like it, but I didn't hate it. Curious to see Ayer's original cut.

Still looking to Wonder Woman to save the DCEU now.
                "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                  Told ya! Glad you liked it too. In all honesty, it's probably 'the' film of the Summer for me.
                  Credit where credit's due, you were right, Matt! Jen and I enjoyed this a lot!

Comment

• Keanu

I thought it was funny. Enjoyed it. If you like Key and Peele you'll probably like this.
                    "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Fil View Post
                      Keanu

I thought it was funny. Enjoyed it. If you like Key and Peele you'll probably like this.
                      Same. Wasn't great but definitely had some funny parts.

Also watched 2 Lava 2 Lantula! last night. Fucking amazing. Guttenberg was doing his best Batman voice the entire time. He did a fucking HALO drop as Slim Pickens against "Gargantulantula" which is the best fucking word of all time.

The ending was fucking HILARIOUS. Seriously, I was fucking dying.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Can't say Beyond is the best of the NuTrek films (The first remains one of the best blockbusters of the modern era), but damn is it a solid time at the movies. Easily one of this summer's highlights and a fitting tribute to both the legacy of Star Trek as a whole and this iteration.

If this is the last film with this cast and continuity, it Goddamn went out on a high note.
                        Originally posted by Ari
                        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by Fil View Post
                          Star Trek Beyond

Suicide Squad

Watched this earlier today, super low expectations after how Bruce v Clark went and the reviews for Suicide Squad have been, but I didn't hate it, I kinda liked some of it. It's not a good movie, but I basically just liked some of the character interactions and moments. Leto's rich douche Joker sucked, but I liked Harley, Deadshot, El Diablo, and Waller. Boomerang was underused, but I liked the little we got. You probably won't like it, but I didn't hate it. Curious to see Ayer's original cut.

Still looking to Wonder Woman to save the DCEU now.
                          Pretty much all of this, but I dug Leto's Joker. Much more than I thought I would. He was clearly channeling Ledger, so it's not the most original of interpretations, but he hit the notes right, IMO. I'd add that I thought Enchantress was pretty cool.
                          I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• The Joker was terrible.

Comment

• He did nothing of importance and wasn't frightening in the slightest. We kept being told by characters that he was soooooo scary but he didn't do shit. So lame.

Comment

• TONY ROBBINS: I AM NOT YOUR GURU (Netflix documentary).

Really good. Surprisingly good. It kinda puts Tony on a pedestal, but it also shows some shit that makes you realize that it is still, fundamentally, a business. Regardless, he comes across as authentic in terms of what it is that he's trying to achieve in other people, and that goes a long way to buying into his self-help schtick.

Very entertaining, too. Recommended.

Comment

Working...
                                X