Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love Dope. Just a good afternoon movie.

Comment

• Yeah, Dope is fun as shit.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK

We're doing a casting draft over on DERP for it and I felt that it was due a re-watch. This movie is so much damned fun, but it'[s really too bad that it didn't have a bigger budget because the limitations imposed on it really hamper some of the scenes. Russell and Van Cleef make it all work, though.

What's cool: The wife unit wasn't going to watch it (she wasn't interested), but she ended up sitting down for a few minutes while eating dessert (she sat down about the time that we are introduced to Hauk) and she ended up getting sucked into it. She hadn't seen it in probably 30 years and she was pleasantly surprised at how much she liked it. God I love her.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        Originally posted by Martin
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• My best friend I grew up with has somehow never seen Escape from NY. It blows my mind. Every couple weeks it comes up and I shame the shit out of him.

Comment

• I still prefer Escape from LA.

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
              Star Trek: Into Darkness - It wasn't bad, but the story could've used some serious streamlining. The elements lifted from Wrath of Khan weren't even necessary in this flick - what could've been a halfway decent take on paranoid warmongering in a future where folks are supposed to be beyond that train of thought, gets mired in fanwanking a far better film from years gone by.

Spoiler: I'm a spoiler, not a doctor, dammit! 
              Also, major lapses in logic from the get go. That whole first sequence could've been handled far better by having the Enterprise just beam the bomb into the volcano with a timer ticking away. No obvious violation of the Prime Directive, no dressing down for Kirk by Pike, followed by a "it's OK buddy" talk a few seconds later at the bar.

How many times are we going to see the Enterprise hit the water or fly about in a planet's atmosphere, BTW? This is a thing now? It's called a SPACE/STAR ship for a reason, crew!

Cumberbatch was cool and all, but he deserved better. I was more fascinated by Peter Weller fucking Kirk and crew over with his spiffy super spaceship and was hoping to see the Klingons cross the Neutral Zone and do battle with that.

Still, it's always nice to see the crew of the Enterprise getting chances to shine as opposed to just seeing Kirk and Spock do their thing.
              It was very pretty. Not much else.
              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                My best friend I grew up with has somehow never seen Escape from NY. It blows my mind. Every couple weeks it comes up and I shame the shit out of him.
                I've not seen this nor Blade Runner.
                Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                  ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK

We're doing a casting draft over on DERP for it and I felt that it was due a re-watch. This movie is so much damned fun, but it'[s really too bad that it didn't have a bigger budget because the limitations imposed on it really hamper some of the scenes. Russell and Van Cleef make it all work, though.

What's cool: The wife unit wasn't going to watch it (she wasn't interested), but she ended up sitting down for a few minutes while eating dessert (she sat down about the time that we are introduced to Hauk) and she ended up getting sucked into it. She hadn't seen it in probably 30 years and she was pleasantly surprised at how much she liked it. God I love her.
                  Your wife has been rocking an eye patch and demanding you call her "Snake" ever since, right?

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                  I still prefer Escape from LA.

Always reblog Buscemi.

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                  I've not seen this nor Blade Runner.
                  Rectify that shit, son!

Comment

• Z FOR ZACHARIAH - what would you do if you lived in a post-nuclear radioactive Wasteland and thought you were the only person left, only to discover a safe, picturesque valley inhabited by Margot Robbie? and then Chris Pine shows up to cockblock you? Yeah, what you would do is exactly what happens in this movie.

Comment

• Chiwetel Ejiofor wears his Chris Pine suit whilst dillying Margot Robbie? I'm IN!
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• It's pretty great. Until the last 10 minutes.
                        Originally posted by Ari
                        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Yep, it's a very nice character piece and then the ending happens. They absolutely laid the groundwork for the outcome but I wished they had done something different.

Comment

• Jason Bourne 4.0

I'll be vague. I liked it, but I love the Bourne trilogy, so more Matt Damon Bourne is a good thing for me. I still think either the 2nd or 3rd ones are the best, occasionally I'll think the first one is. A change in the formula wouldn't be a bad thing if they do another.
                            "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• THE MACHINIST- how did Batman not die making this? Or at least get hospitalized? Holy shit. Anyway, skinny gimmick aside I thought this was a pretty good story about guilt and the toll it takes on us.

Comment

• Ghostbusters (OG) - It's been a long time and we wanted something funny to watch. Man, it's still so goddamn good. The chemistry between the three leads are fantastic and Rick Moranis still steals the goddamn movie in my opinion. The opening is still one of my favorite openings in any movie ever.
                                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X