Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krampus. I didn't like this. It had some moments, and some good visuals, yeah, but it couldn't make up its mind what it wanted to be; was it a horror movie? A comedy? A fairy tale? Sure, blending genres like that can be brilliant (Shaun of the Dead; Star Trek IV, etc.). In my opinion, this film didn't do a good enough job of blending those three genres to be good, let alone brilliant. And I was very disappointed with Krampus himself. Those creature effects sucked. He looked like a retarded Santa and not a terrifying but impish demon. I was very disappointed.
    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Star Trek: Into Darkness - It wasn't bad, but the story could've used some serious streamlining. The elements lifted from Wrath of Khan weren't even necessary in this flick - what could've been a halfway decent take on paranoid warmongering in a future where folks are supposed to be beyond that train of thought, gets mired in fanwanking a far better film from years gone by.

Spoiler: I'm a spoiler, not a doctor, dammit! 
      Also, major lapses in logic from the get go. That whole first sequence could've been handled far better by having the Enterprise just beam the bomb into the volcano with a timer ticking away. No obvious violation of the Prime Directive, no dressing down for Kirk by Pike, followed by a "it's OK buddy" talk a few seconds later at the bar.

How many times are we going to see the Enterprise hit the water or fly about in a planet's atmosphere, BTW? This is a thing now? It's called a SPACE/STAR ship for a reason, crew!

Cumberbatch was cool and all, but he deserved better. I was more fascinated by Peter Weller fucking Kirk and crew over with his spiffy super spaceship and was hoping to see the Klingons cross the Neutral Zone and do battle with that.

Still, it's always nice to see the crew of the Enterprise getting chances to shine as opposed to just seeing Kirk and Spock do their thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
        Krampus. I didn't like this. It had some moments, and some good visuals, yeah, but it couldn't make up its mind what it wanted to be; was it a horror movie? A comedy? A fairy tale? Sure, blending genres like that can be brilliant (Shaun of the Dead; Star Trek IV, etc.). In my opinion, this film didn't do a good enough job of blending those three genres to be good, let alone brilliant. And I was very disappointed with Krampus himself. Those creature effects sucked. He looked like a retarded Santa and not a terrifying but impish demon. I was very disappointed.
        The fact the guy that made this made Trick R Treat was enough to keep me away.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          The fact the guy that made this made Trick R Treat was enough to keep me away.
          Shit, was it? I had no idea. I've had this sitting on Plex for months, and I've been waiting for Halloween to watch it.

Comment

• I actually preferred Krampus to Trick R Treat.
            Originally posted by Ari
            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• I think that dude is overrated as fuck and the trailers for Krampus made it look terrible. If it ends up on HBO I may check it out.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Is Trick R Treat the most overrated internet darling? I can't believe how much I still see it discussed as THE PINNACLE OF HALLOWEEN MOVIES.

Comment

• it's so bad EXCEPT for Dylan Baker and Mini Ceej's story.

Comment

• plus, most anthology films just don't work for me except the VHS series and The Twilight Zone.

Comment

• Started one last night called Holidays. Kind of half digging it, but I'll have to wait a while to finish it cuz the wife came home early. No horror for you, cupcake!
                      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• keep seeing that pop up when I'm browsing. Let me know if it's worth it.

Comment

• Yeah, I want to watch it as well.

Comment

• Yeah Trick R Treat didn't do it for me. Overpraised to the Heavens. Krampus, on the other hand, was the bees-knees.
                            Originally posted by Ari
                            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Is HOLIDAY the one with a bunch of different directors? I think Kevin Smith did a segment.

Comment

• Dope

Heard it was good, but knew almost nothing about it other than the guy wrote and directed The Wood, which I enjoyed back in the day, and is now directing The Flash film. I liked it a lot, but I thought the first half or so was better than the second half. The music was great. The 3 friends, Malcolm, Diggy and Jib were fun, but could have used a little more Diggy and Jib. Nice surprise of a movie.
                                "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

Working...
                                X