Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
    My problem with GDT is that the nerds praise him to a point where he should be untouchable and then he releases movies that basically flop.

He has the skillz to pay the billz but I feel like he needs to reign in some of his ideas or refine them more.
    That's a bingo.

At DERP, someone was claiming how he wasn't in Director's Jail. Unlike Burton. *Blank stare* Even Burton's flops on average do better than del Toro's hits, and yeah the free passes he continues to get (from fandom, mind you; studios are waning on him) are astounding. His Spanish-language films are Goddamn works of art but his studio fare (save for Blade II) isn't up for snuff.

He got his ass fired off The Hobbit because Jackson and WB were too tired of telling him his shit was too weird and he basically cashes in on his development deals and when they languish into nothing, he moves on. Rarely getting anything done. Hell even Pacific Rim 2 (which I still don't buy happening) got rid of him.
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• I would legit be excited if GDT worked on some of the Universal horror revivals though. Like, him doing Creature from the Black Lagoon? Fuck yeah.

Comment

• Well no shit but like Jamie said the dude talks a big game and then nothing comes of it. Hasn't he been talking about Lagoon for like a decade at this point?
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Has he? I honestly had no idea.

Comment

Well no shit but like Jamie said the dude talks a big game and then nothing comes of it. Hasn't he been talking about Lagoon for like a decade at this point?

No.

It went Breck Eisner, GDT and now Universal Shared Universe plan with Scarjo.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• well either way, it's another thing that I wanted to see from the guy that went nowhere.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

well either way, it's another thing that I wanted to see from the guy that went nowhere.
                If we're going to start judging directors by the shit they couldn't get off the ground, we'll be here all day.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• I'm not, I 'm just saying that the dude is overrated in my opinion.

Comment

I'm not, I 'm just saying that the dude is overrated in my opinion.

I wouldn't call him overrated. Coasting on past successes? Fuck yes.

Comment

• Ok fine, splitting hairs here.

Again, dude is amazing when on point. But for me personally the name doesn't equal MUST SEE anymore. Especially after Pacific Rim.

Comment

• Just like Neil Blomkamp. After Chappie I'm not getting burned by him anymore and I actually kind of liked Elysium.

Comment

Just like Neil Blomkamp. After Chappie I'm not getting burned by him anymore and I actually kind of liked Elysium.

I loved Chappie, but hated Elysium. Chappie is the Short Circuit III that I always wanted, but never got.

Comment

• Sure, if you look at it that way I can see why you'd like it. But the decisions made on the film didn't work for me. At all.

Comment

• Never saw CHAPPIE (had no appeal) but I hated ELYSIUM.
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I actually liked Elysium quite a bit. I still need to see Chappie. He has a show on that Vice network where he destroys technology or something?

Comment

Working...
                                X