Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
    Watched THE MARTIAN again (most of it). So fucking good.
    Was it the new version with the added 10 minutes? I saw that at the store the other day and was pretty pissed.

Comment

• No, it's the theatrical. It's on HBO now.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• The Conjuring

Roommate never saw it. Was interested in the sequel. Still great, but not perfect. Love it a lot though. Total sucker for a good haunted house movie. Been wanting to watch Changeling (George C Scott, not Jolie) and might do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          Zootopia. Finally a newer Disney movie that didn't suck. I thought it was fantastic. I was a bit scared the minute Shakira's song came on but thankfully you hear it once and then it's a normal score the rest of the movie.

Really dug the story and the visuals were freaking incredible in some spots. Cliffside in particular was nuts looking.
          I watched this this morning and really loved it. The world they built was really interesting (like I spent part of the movie trying to figure out how the climate system worked between suburbs) and the characters were fun. I about died at the DMV section because it was perfect. I had no idea it was going to be a buddy cop movie. I only wish it had more songs so my kid would move off FROZEN for a while.

Comment

• Oh I also watched SYNCHRONICITY. It got kind of hard to follow near the end. I think it was trying to get too clever and couldn't tie things together, at least for me. there were hints of PRIMER but it didn't explain itself as well. Or, I guess, it didn't pull me in enough to want to analyze it. The synth soundtrack is pretty darn good, though.

Comment

• Terminator Genisys. Still so bummed we're not getting the sequels. I fucking love this ridiculous movie. So much fun.

Clueless. Still Clueless. Silverstone was sooooo hot.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Finding Dory.

Gorgeous-looking piece of nothing. Two big laughs and a great Ed O'Neill performance doesn't make up for just how unnecessary this sequel is.
                Originally posted by Ari
                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                  Terminator Genisys. Still so bummed we're not getting the sequels. I fucking love this ridiculous movie. So much fun.
                  A clusterfuck, yes. But an interesting one to watch, and fuck off, Internet, Jai Courtney was fine as Reese. It was Arnold who was the weak link.
                  Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                    Finding Dory.

Gorgeous-looking piece of nothing. Two big laughs and a great Ed O'Neill performance doesn't make up for just how unnecessary this sequel is.
                    I'd argue Finding Nemo was unnecessary. And Dory was the worst part of it.

Comment

• In that case, steer the fuck away.

I thought she was fine in Nemo (loved that film myself). But it's the same mistake as making Larry the Cable Guy the center of Cars 2. Sidekicks aren't supposed to take center-stage for a reason, and her routine got old. Fast.
                      Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                        A clusterfuck, yes. But an interesting one to watch, and fuck off, Internet, Jai Courtney was fine as Reese. It was Arnold who was the weak link.
                        For me it was the chick playing Sarah. I never once felt like she was a badass. her stupid "deer in headlights" look just never worked for me. It also doesn't help that I don't bring in the "baggage" from Game of Thrones because I get that she's a badass there.

Arnold did fine in my opinion. And you're right, Jai wasn't terrible at all. It's not like Biehn was amazing in the original. His best role wasn't until the double whammy of Aliens/The Abyss
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Jai was fine in T:G. Better than Emilia Clarke...she was horrible.
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• I only saw part of that film, but I agree with that ^. The guy who looks like Quentin Tarantino was weird as John Connor(?). Not bad, just. . . nothing like any vision of him we've seen before. Kind of took me out of the narrative a tiny bit.
                            I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• The Force Awakens.

Hands down the Kylo/Han bridge scene is one of the BEST scenes in any SW flick. I don't even particularly like Driver but man does he sell it. Still elicits a response from me every time I see it.

Comment

• Yeah, that scene works exactly like it should. Leia's reaction shot when she feels Han's death in the Force also sells it. Chewbacca, though...his roar of anguish gets me.

Comment

Working...
                                X