Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
    Midnight Special: I'm still not 100% sure what I just saw but I know it was fucking amazing. See this NOW! Like, get off your computer and go watch it RIGHT THE FUCK NOW! It's really good.
    Cool.
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Paramount just put The Foot Fist Way on youtube. If you haven't seen it yet, fix that.

McBride is AMAZING.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        FUCK YEAH!!!!!
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Watching 50 SHADES OF GREY. This movie is FUCKED UP. It's three books, right? It takes THREE books for this guy to make this girl his 16th victim? Because he is absolutely a serial killer.

Comment

• Saw that, and yeah. Wouldn't surprise me if Grey winds up wearing a suit made of Anastasia' skin in one of the books.

It also reminds me of Twilight in that the female lead seems to be kind of smart, but is actually dumber than toast depending on the situation. The fact that both series are written by women has me scratching my head at this direction of female character development.

Comment

• Captain America: Civil War.

Good, not great. As suspected, this is most certainly an Avengers movie that goes back and forth pretty well-balanced between Cap and Shellhead and has without question Downey's best performance in character since Iron Man.

Spoiler: Spoilers yo! 
              Holland's Spider-Man is a Catch-22. On the one hand, he's good and works great bouncing off Downey. But he honestly serves zero function to the narrative besides, "Hey ya'll, look we got Spider-Man!" The film was too long as is and trimming that fat (especially considering Downey is going to be in Spider-Man: Homecoming any way) would have helped. And to hear some say he's already the best incarnation onscreen yet is downright foolish. He's in... 10-15 minutes max. Calm the fuck down, fandom.

Absolute 180 to that is Boseman's Black Panther. Not gonna pretend I knew the character that well (save for his appearance on the Fantastic Four cartoon from the 90's) but he was compelling all to his own and flowed seamlessly within the narrative while getting your feet wet for his solo film next year. Bring it.

Baron Zemo is a waste. The conflict between Steve and Tony was enough to hold the film. Once the big showdown at the air-carrier happens and the film keeps going for another half-hour, I was tired and, like the first Avengers, checking my watch at that point. And Zemo's presence effectively serves as the second Avengers film in a row that "answers" to Man of Steel's 3rd Act. Enough already, Marvel. You won.

Spoiler: Yo, yo, back off these FOR REALS SPOILERS! 
              As for who is right, the film does a good job at presenting both sides fairly while also poking holes in them. But for as much as I was leaning towards Cap, the fact he willingly held back on telling Tony how Bucky killed his family solidified what a self-righteous ass he is. All that shit he puts others through just for an old drinking buddy. While Tony makes the tough decisions and willingly plays "bad cop" to preserve the greater good, even when it goes against his own interests. So yeah, Team Iron Man. Cap's a dick.

Spoiler: Last Spoiler. BIG STUFF, WORD. Don't Say I Didn't Warn You! 
              It's building up to follow the comics... then pussies out of it which bugged me. Which shouldn't be a surprise per say. Marvel has no balls. Batman vs. Superman was an unspeakable misguided disaster but even they had the insight to know if you do Doomsday, you gotta kill off Supes. That's what the character is famous for. Here they do the story famous for killing off Cap... and don't do it.

But still, good solid flick.
              Originally posted by Ari
              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                Saw that, and yeah. Wouldn't surprise me if Grey winds up wearing a suit made of Anastasia' skin in one of the books.

It also reminds me of Twilight in that the female lead seems to be kind of smart, but is actually dumber than toast depending on the situation. The fact that both series are written by women has me scratching my head at this direction of female character development.
                That's the other thing that struck me. This was written by a woman and its adored by millions of women but...it's totally abusive. Ugh, what garbage. At least Dakota Johnson looks good, I guess?

Comment

• The Invitation.

Show it at your next get together with friends!

The last shot was a nice twist, even if it was obvious as fuck, but think about it for two seconds and the plot turns to swiss cheese.

Comment

• Has no one else seen Midnight Special yet?
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Has no one else seen Midnight Special yet?
                      I have. Most of them aren't going to see it until home video because WB botched the theatrical plan for it...HARD.
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• We've been meaning to see it too. But it got delayed a few weeks back. Now it's opening the week after Civil War. AKA: a virgin sacrifice.
                        Originally posted by Ari
                        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Has no one else seen Midnight Special yet?
                          It played like one weekend at the Drafthouse, and every other showing has been at like 10pm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                            I have. Most of them aren't going to see it until home video because WB botched the theatrical plan for it...HARD.
                            Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                            We've been meaning to see it too. But it got delayed a few weeks back. Now it's opening the week after Civil War. AKA: a virgin sacrifice.
                            Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                            It played like one weekend at the Drafthouse, and every other showing has been at like 10pm.
                            Botched indeed. Our showing was packed and everyone afterward seemed to really have enjoyed it.
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• It's one of many that I'm waiting for on VOD, like THE INVITATION (which might be there but I've been busy all weekend), and GREEN ROOM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                                Who are you calling "them"?

#butthurt #shadesofRossPerot
                                I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

Working...
                                X