Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been ranting that Tarantino's movies have been like fucking cartoons ever since the Kill Bill films. He hasn't made a serious movie that I've liked unreserervedly since Jackie Brown.
    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
      You two should fuck. Without lube. Just use blood.

That's how I see both of you:

Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
      Originally posted by Anderson View Post
      Actually, thought you two were more like...

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        Hateful Eight.

EHHHHhhhhhh. Not a fan. At all. Everyone felt like a fucking cartoon character. Tatum was TERRIBLE. Also, did anyone else feel like they were watching a different movie depending on the music cues? I swear to fuck it sounded like The Thing at some points. Distracting as all get out.

Oh well, first Tarantino movie that did nothing for me. Not a bad track record.

I totally get everyone saying this could be a play.

JJL was great however. Best part of the movie by far. Goggins was terrible until the end when he morphed right into Boyd Crowder. The Mexican felt like I was watching Speedy Gonzales. Tim Roth should have been Waltz. Madsen is embarrassing. Russell was okay but the character was so unlikeable it didn't matter. Ugh. Zoe Bell was in a completely different movie. So wish I would have rented this first instead of buying and I'm so fucking glad I didn't end up going to the ridiculous 3+ hour version of this in the theater.
        I had zero desire to see this. Only saw 15 minutes of Django, basterds was OK and I have no desire to re-watch Kill Bill.
        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
          While I approve of your burn, I lost respect for Newman upon hearing he couldn't get Cloris Leachman to fuck him.
          Originally posted by Ari
          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
            While I approve of your burn, I lost respect for Newman upon hearing he couldn't get Cloris Leachman to fuck him.
            Cloris Leachman is a bit of a basket case, so dick dodged crazy?
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• The Force Awakens. Still so fucking awesome. SO AWESOME.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Ant-Man. Damn, was this GOOD. Kind of a light film yet heavy on the comedy, a la Guardians of the Galaxy, but it was par for the course for a Marvel film. You had your superhero, super villain, Hydra vs. SHIELD, cameos, call backs to various Marvel flicks including hints as to what's coming in Civil War and so on. Special effects were pretty slick and the whole film felt vibrant and energetic. In short it was a FUN experience, just like most other Marvel fare.

Again, WB/DC just doesn't get it - the superhero flicks need to have a fun factor to 'em, otherwise what's the point? More slogging through grimdark, deconstructionist shit, where everyone has to be Batman or totes uncool? Fuck that, gimme a guy riding a flying ant and beating up bad guys.
                Last edited by Timothy225; 04-03-2016, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• Grimdark has its place. But for the most part I agree.
                  I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• THE BIG LEBOWSKI

Finally saw it after all of these years. It was good and we laughed/smirked for most of the runtime, and I get why there's a cult around it, but it wasn't 'top tier' Coen Bros for us. We certainly enjoyed BURN AFTER READING a lot more.

John Goodman absolutely killed it, though. I wanted more of him and less of The Dude, in all honesty. He was on an entirely different plane of awesomeness.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• wait, you had never seen The Big Lebowski? Crazy.

All about the Nihlists.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Cool to see Aimee Mann in there as a cameo.

The movie was OK and we enjoyed it, we just didn't love it. Definitely a 'one and done', whereas we've been riffing on BURN AFTER READING for the better part of a week. Pretty sure I'm going to end up buying that one.
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                          Cool to see Aimee Mann in there as a cameo.

The movie was OK and we enjoyed it, we just didn't love it. Definitely a 'one and done', whereas we've been riffing on BURN AFTER READING for the better part of a week. Pretty sure I'm going to end up buying that one.
                          I didn't begin to like until multiple viewings. I'd suggest another watch in a few months.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                            The Force Awakens. Still so fucking awesome. SO AWESOME.
                            Our copy arrives tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                              I didn't begin to like until multiple viewings. I'd suggest another watch in a few months.
                              I've heard that this one is a grower from others as well. Maybe I'll give it another shot in a year or so. Again, we liked it...we just didn't love it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                                Our copy arrives tomorrow.
                                Already watched it twice and will watch it again tomorrow when I pick up the blu.

Comment

Working...
                                X