Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't wait to see it in rob-o-vision on Saturday. WOOOOOooo
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      I saw BvS: DoJ. My full review is in the appropriate thread, but in summary: it's aggressivly OK. Have middling expectations and go caffeinated so that you don't fall asleep in the first hour.

That first hours convinced me that if Snyder doesn't understand a script, he just can't shoot a movie.

While the opening works, the lack of understanding any sort of pace is fucking astonishing. I've watched YouTube kids figure it out before he does.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• That first hour, opening 9/11 scene aside, is just baffling. HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED is absolutely right in his criticisms of the narrative flow. There's a scene where Perry White asks about where Clark Kent is (he even makes kinda a funny joke about whether or not he's back in Kansas). Proper script construction would transition the scene to Clark Kent. Instead, the cut goes to Lois Lane talking to a general. Where did that come from? It's just BAM, unrelated scene. There's no flow at all. Add in the fact that the plot for that first hour really makes no sense (it's the idiot plot on steroids...you only move from point A to point B because everyone's an idiot) and it's a real endurance test. Things improve from a narrative point of view after that first hour, and the pacing picks up substantially, but man...I was seriously yawning a lot for that first hour or so.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          Prince of Thieves. I still fucking LOVE the shit out of this movie. SO MUCH.
          Same.
          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Yeahhhhhhhh boyeeee
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Finished a DTV horror flick called Monsters this afternoon. Aliens invade Mexico, which gets quarantined and continually bombed/invaded by armored columns. Our intrepid protagonists miss the last ferry of the season, and have to trek it overland. The pacing was way too slow. They could have crammed the first and second acts together and made a much more impactful movie, if you ask me. The creature effects were pretty good for CGI (even if the beasties did look like giant octopi with four giraffe like legs), until a scene where the heroine is hiding from some probing tentacles, and the CGI was so obvious it took me right out of the scene. I watched this because it was recommended in a Netflix FB post about creature features to see before you go see 10 Cloverfield Lane. I didn't like it enough to recommend it.
              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• That was DTV? I thought that got a theatrical release? either way you're basically right. BUT I'm assuming you know that was directed by Gareth "I did Godzilla am directing Rogue One" Edwards right? It wasn't terrible in my opinion and had some neat ideas floating around but stay the fuck away from the sequel. It's just flat out terrible.

Comment

• We watched Pee Wee's Big Holiday last night. At 30 mins is hilarious and great. The other hour is not. It felt real cheap and some of the acting was just terrible. Better than Big Top, doesn't touch Big Adventure.

Comment

• BURN AFTER READING.

Finally watched this. The wife and I loved this and laughed pretty damned hard throughout the film. Just first rate absurdity all around. Funny how J.K. Simmons steals the entire movie in his short two scenes.

This became one of the top Coen brothers movies for me. Tempted to buy it.
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                      Finished a DTV horror flick called Monsters this afternoon. Aliens invade Mexico, which gets quarantined and continually bombed/invaded by armored columns. Our intrepid protagonists miss the last ferry of the season, and have to trek it overland. The pacing was way too slow. They could have crammed the first and second acts together and made a much more impactful movie, if you ask me. The creature effects were pretty good for CGI (even if the beasties did look like giant octopi with four giraffe like legs), until a scene where the heroine is hiding from some probing tentacles, and the CGI was so obvious it took me right out of the scene. I watched this because it was recommended in a Netflix FB post about creature features to see before you go see 10 Cloverfield Lane. I didn't like it enough to recommend it.
                      MONSTERS wasn't DTV, it did receive a (small) theatrical release. I thought it was pretty good, actually, but didn't need a sequel. I still haven't bothered with the sequel but remember a couple reviews said it was terrible. The trailers made it look like an Alien:Aliens situation that moved the series from horror/suspense to bang bang monster shooty time.

Comment

We watched Pee Wee's Big Holiday last night. At least 30 mins is hilarious and great. The other hour is not. It felt real cheap and some of the acting was just terrible. Better than Big Top, doesn't touch Big Adventure.
                        I dug it. Once he leaves town it isn't as funny, but has some decent moments. Makes me want to watch Big Adventure again though.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                          Finished a DTV horror flick called Monsters this afternoon. Aliens invade Mexico, which gets quarantined and continually bombed/invaded by armored columns. Our intrepid protagonists miss the last ferry of the season, and have to trek it overland. The pacing was way too slow. They could have crammed the first and second acts together and made a much more impactful movie, if you ask me. The creature effects were pretty good for CGI (even if the beasties did look like giant octopi with four giraffe like legs), until a scene where the heroine is hiding from some probing tentacles, and the CGI was so obvious it took me right out of the scene. I watched this because it was recommended in a Netflix FB post about creature features to see before you go see 10 Cloverfield Lane. I didn't like it enough to recommend it.
                          Monsters is great. It's what got him the Godzilla gig if I remember right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                            BURN AFTER READING.

Finally watched this. The wife and I loved this and laughed pretty damned hard throughout the film. Just first rate absurdity all around. Funny how J.K. Simmons steals the entire movie in his short two scenes.

This became one of the top Coen brothers movies for me. Tempted to buy it.
                            probably one of my favorites by them. Clooney and his wedge...hahaha

Comment

probably one of my favorites by them. Clooney and his wedge...hahaha
                              My wife and I have one of those. We laughed our asses off to see him carrying it. I wonder how many people actually got that joke; I'm astonished how many people don't know about these things.
                              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Burns after reading and Monsters were pretty legit in my opinion. Haven't seen the Monster sequel yet.
                                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Working...
                                X