Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I LOVE Speed Racer.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I know. Like SPEED RACER, I honestly think that GODS OF EGYPT is going to develop a cult fanbase when it hits dvd/blu ray, because it's surprisingly watchable. For all of my complaints about it, there's actually something there that I latched onto and enjoyed in an unironic way.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I feel like I need to see this in theater now. I was always bummed that I missed Speed.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Also, the image of Ra sailing around the flat disc of the Earth (and towing the Sun) should have been the first image of all of the trailers. Doing THAT would have shown people that this film isn't meant to be a 'real-world' film (like the MUMMY movies) and might have alleviated the white-washing complaint. This is pure, unadulterated fantasy that just happens to raid Egyptian mythology for its world building.
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
            I feel like I need to see this in theater now. I was always bummed that I missed Speed.
            I saw this at matinee pricing and it was worth it.

Also, Alex Proyas has a visual aethetic to his special effects that works for me. All of his effects are purposely just a tad 'off', and...in all honesty...being 'a tad off' is a lot more interesting than being flawless. I cite DARK CITY as being a particularly strong example where the effects being ever so slightly 'off' absolutely works in the film's favor. I kinda felt the same way here...that this offness works in a strange way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
              Is it like Super? That's the vibe I was getting from the trailers.
              Yeah, I guess so. Both movies have protagonists influenced one way or another by their delusions. I think Super is better. The characters are more engaging in that one and the story is better, too. Or maybe it's because the delusion is a bit more good-natured, even though HORRIBLE things happen, in SUPER?

Comment

• BERNIE- probably one of, if not THE, best performances by Jack Black. He's great, McHeyhey is okay, and Maclaine is suitably crotchety but the townspeople steal the show. I need to see if Linklater got the actual townsfolk to play those parts. an interesting story about how even the nicest guy can be pushed too far.

Comment

• Bernie is a really good movie and captures East Texas perfectly.

Comment

• CIRCLE- this kept getting recommended to me by Netflix and they were wrong. What starts out as an interesting premise- 50 strangers(?) abducted (by aliens?) are forced to choose which of them dies until only one remains- goes nowhere fast. All of the usual value judgements on age, race, social level, etc are addressed but there's no point made by the end. Other than "people are dicks", I guess? Pass on this one.

Comment

• Thank you. I made it like 20 mins in and was like ehhhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

• We liked BERNIE a lot. Fun movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                          We liked BERNIE a lot. Fun movie.

There's something about the way that Jack Black sings in this movie that is my favorite thing ever.
                          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Speed Racer.

First time watching it on the big tv with full surround sound. Fuck yeah. So good still. I really wish we'd get a sequel but I know that's never going to happen.

Comment

• We are in the middle of The Big Short. I don't understand 75%of what they are talking about.
                              If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

• Bankers/investment people are greedy assholes. The end.

Comment

Working...
                                X