Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roger Rabbit is fucking DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE.

ET is for babies. Dumb babies that got dropped on their head.

The ET smut is fucking DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE.

Comment

• The Three Stooges remake with the kids. They fucking LOVED it. It's not bad, really. But they fucking LOVE physical humor, so it was an easy well.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• And Roger Rabbit too. They love it.

I'm proud of that.

Comment

• My kid loved Roger Rabbit too.
          I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
            QUESTION FOR MATT:

Matt, what is your stance on E.T. AND Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
            E.T.: excellent movie but one that I don't watch very often. it's a tad too earnest and cloying for me.

WFRR: entertaining but shrill. Too much yelling yelling noise yelling yelling for my tastes, but it's still very watchable.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• GODS OF EGYPT.

I took the day off, ran some errands, enjoyed the unbelievable 70 degree weather, and then topped it off with some cheese.

I didn't hate this movie. It needs one or two less action sequences, and it needs the time used for those sequences to better flesh out the characters so that you give a damn as to what's going on, because some of what's up there on the screen is actually very, very cool.

Indeed, there are a lot of really good ideas in this movie that are wasted on really bland, uninteresting characters. For instance, there's a fantastic moving pyramid in the third act that is one giant trap. All of the blocks on the outside of the pyramid are moving around in a timed sequence, and the lead character has to figure out where and when to jump into it. If this sequence had a bit more room to breathe and build tension, it'd be an all-timer because it's really really cool. The inside of the pyramid is even better...there's a moving staircase structure made out of moving sand that is dissolving and re-forming in a timed sequence. To get from the bottom to the top, the lead guy has to time his moves with the changing of the sand. Again, all very cool visually. The movie also really goes for it in terms of showing off Egyptian mythology...the world is a flat disc with a sun that is being towed by a ship...I mean, how cool is that?

Unfortunately, the script really isn't there. There's just enough dialog to get you from one action sequence to another, so you don't invest in anything that's going on. It's just visual noise, and it can get quite boring. Also, the pacing is off in certain sequences, so you lurch around in certain acts willy nilly (probably the result of some 'excess character scenes' getting deleted for time.

In all honesty, this is a complete misfire but the potential is there...was there...for something pretty cool. It's a shame that we got this incoherent mess instead because I can see the film got greenlit now.
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                E.T.: excellent movie but one that I don't watch very often. it's a tad too earnest and cloying for me.

WFRR: entertaining but shrill. Too much yelling yelling noise yelling yelling for my tastes, but it's still very watchable.
                See, if Matt can like E.T. then the rest of you have no excuse!
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Sounds like I'll be checking out Egypt when it hits On Demand.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                    See, if Matt can like E.T. then the rest of you have no excuse!
                    No, he thinks Roger Rabbit is bad, so this is normal Matt, which means YOU ARE WRONG ROB.

Comment

• he said it's entertaining but shrill. So he doesn't flat out hate it.

Comment

• I admire WFRR more than I enjoy it. It's a quality film that's very well made and I can enjoy it in doses (20 minutes here, 20 minutes there, etc) but I can't just sit down and watch it because it becomes TOO MUCH very quickly, mainly due to all of the yelling and bouncing around. It's a very busy movie, and I can only take that for so long.

Comment

• THE VOICES- it's a "dark comedy" without much comedy. In fact, I thought some of it was pretty fucked up. Reynolds is good and I guess I will always love Anna Kendrick (didn't even know she was in this until she showed up on screen!). I really liked the visual disparity between Jerry's reality and real reality. There's a musical number at the end I enjoyed a lot, too.

Comment

• Is it like Super? That's the vibe I was getting from the trailers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post

SHRILL!? That's it. Get Matt to...

THE DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP

Comment

• Regarding GODS OF EGYPT: the best comparison is SPEED RACER in terms of being colorful, visual noise. GoE worked better for me, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X