Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
    My thing with the third movie is that I don't remember it at all. Like, I remember PSH is in it and that a rocket blast sends Cruise sideways into a car but that's literally all I remember from that movie. I can recall MI2 better than MI3.
    The best part of the movie is DERPY KERIFACE
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I love MI3. And yeah, I am with you Martin. MI1 and MI2 do nothing for me.

Comment

• I love the first movie. A whole bunch. That one gets the most re-watches from me. FACE STAB ESTEVEZ is the best.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          I love the first movie. A whole bunch. That one gets the most re-watches from me. FACE STAB ESTEVEZ is the best.
          Taht because the first few minutes are great. It then becomes the Tom Cruise show, aka James Bond-wannabe.

Kingsman and real Bond are much better.

Only in #3 did it become a team effort, hence Team Impossible.
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• well yeah, but taken on its own I think it works. I also really like Reno in that movie. He's great.

Comment

• My main issue with M:I #1 is that every single 'big' moment in the film was totally spoiled in the commercials/trailers for the film. Only the big twist was held back in the marketing, that's it. That was the first time that I recall a movie ruining every single setpiece in the film, and it soured the movie in my eyes. Objectively, it's an exceptionally well made movie...it just has a bad connotation for me that I can't escape because of its initial release.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              Originally posted by Martin
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• The only thing I liked was Reno, and Emmanuelle Beart's lips. The ones on her face, that is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                  My main issue with M:I #1 is that every single 'big' moment in the film was totally spoiled in the commercials/trailers for the film. Only the big twist was held back in the marketing, that's it. That was the first time that I recall a movie ruining every single setpiece in the film, and it soured the movie in my eyes. Objectively, it's an exceptionally well made movie...it just has a bad connotation for me that I can't escape because of its initial release.
                  yeah, the trailer was ridiculous in showing EVERYTHING. I still remember thinking it was hilarious that Tom Cruise was going to be an action star.

Comment

• SPY- I really liked this. It was a pleasant surprise that the jokes at McCarthy's expense weren't just "haha, fat lady fall down". We watched the unrated version which was ridiculously profane. It was almost unrelenting but it wasn't grating at all, which surprised me. And the action was really good, too! The fight with the super hot coffee shop chick was great.

Comment

• Goodnight Mommy. Dug it. Dug it a whole bunch. If Ceej's issue was

Spoiler: full on spoilers 
                      that the one brother was dead then I'll be disappointed because that shit was straight up telegraphed 8 mins into the movie.

Man, even with knowing that this movie was tense as hell. Some awesome nature shots as well.

Comment

• I clearly wasn't picking up on something because I didn't realize it until maybe JUST before.
                          Spoiler: mommy 
                        what clued you in? Was it that mommy wasn't acknowledging the dead brother? I feel like it would be pretty obvious on a second watch. I was so focused on trying to figure out what was wrong with the mom that I didn't even consider the kids.

Of course, maybe that was the director's intentention.

Anyway, yeah, really good movie. What was that weird bog/mud stuff the kids were running around on near the beginning? I've never seen anything like it.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                          I clearly wasn't picking up on something because I didn't realize it until maybe JUST before.
                            Spoiler: mommy 
                          what clued you in? Was it that mommy wasn't acknowledging the dead brother? I feel like it would be pretty obvious on a second watch. I was so focused on trying to figure out what was wrong with the mom that I didn't even consider the kids.

Of course, maybe that was the director's intentention.

Anyway, yeah, really good movie. What was that weird bog/mud stuff the kids were running around on near the beginning? I've never seen anything like it.
                          I knew about
                            Spoiler: spoilers 
                          the kid being dead as soon as the first shot of them eating breakfast as soon as the mom came home. There was a clear divider between the two kids with only one of them having a placemat plus the whole "Lukas?" thing where "Lukas" never answered back. He'd just show up.

It was legit one of the first times I've felt like I know something about how a director will frame shots and shit like "AHA! I SEE SYMBOLISM!

that being said there were still points where
                            Spoiler: spoilers 
                          I thought maybe I was wrong in regards to that with the picture of the mom/friend, the mole, the color of her eyes, etc ...

It was just so goddamn tense and good. Ceej is completely fucking wrong on this.

Comment

• INSIDE OUT- easily one of the best Pixar movies. I was really impressed with this one. Sure, the main subject is an 11-year-old girl but there's a lot of humor for grown-ups and all the characters are entertaining. The way they structured the mind and memories was really interesting as well. Much better than the cluttered library/file cabinets you usually see. One thing I did/n't like

Spoiler: Bing Bong 
                            Richard Kind is only supposed to make me laugh, not make me sad. RIP Bing Bong

Comment

• Just finished watching Inside Out. All the feels. Damn you Pixar! And I absolutely loved the cat during the credits. I almost peed myself, I was laughing so hard.
                              Last edited by Ingrid; 02-15-2016, 10:24 PM.
                              Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Inside Out is fucking fantastic. Easily the company's best since a long long while.

Unlike that shitty The Good Dinosaur movie. God that was tame shit.

Comment

Working...
                                X