Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
    We were not impressed with Superbad.
    Hated that movie. Thought it was incredibly unfunny. Only part I enjoyed was Jonah Hill talking about the penis drawings as a kid.

Watched Straight Outta Compton.

I've seen this before. On MTV. When it was happening. Was not impressed. Seemed too white washed for me but then again, what do I know?
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• We watched the big attack sequence in PEARL HARBOR last night. Say what you will about the movie itself, but that 45 minute attach sequence (or however long it is) is fucking incredible.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        Hated that movie. Thought it was incredibly unfunny. Only part I enjoyed was Jonah Hill talking about the penis drawings as a kid.

Watched Straight Outta Compton.

I've seen this before. On MTV. When it was happening. Was not impressed. Seemed too white washed for me but then again, what do I know?
        I also find Superbad terrible.

apparently Compton kinda forgets that Dr. Dre liked beating the shit out of women like it was the national sport.

Originally posted by Matt View Post
        We watched the big attack sequence in PEARL HARBOR last night. Say what you will about the movie itself, but that 45 minute attach sequence (or however long it is) is fucking incredible.
        Same here. On DVD, the first disk is pretty fucking awesome, if you gloss over the garbage that is the rest of the story.
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
          We watched the big attack sequence in PEARL HARBOR last night. Say what you will about the movie itself, but that 45 minute attach sequence (or however long it is) is fucking incredible.
          HELL yeah it is.
          I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

Seemed too white washed for me
            It was Dre-washed. But I still liked it.

Comment

• It felt like a bigger budgeted Behind the Music.

The only interesting shit was the Death Row stuff but that was glossed over so goddamn quickly.

Also: "Whatchyoo gonna call it?"
              "Aftermath.."

get the fuck outta here with that weak shit.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• TURBO KID- ridiculously over the top with the gore. At least half of the budget must have gone to fake blood and body parts. It's a lot of fun. Like a Troma version of Mad Max. The soundtrack is hot fire, too.

Comment

• The Martian - enjoyed this one and believe it or not the wife did to after her saying she didn't want to see it. I understand the changes from the book but I kind of wished the dread had been upped just a bit. Still quite a good watch.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• John Dies at the End - LATEPASS but holy hell did I enjoy this. I only wish it had a slightly larger budget because while Don did what he could the last like 10 minutes of this movie shows that the budget completely ran out.

Really dug it.

Comment

• Moneyball - I wonder what Steven Soderbergh's version would have been.

Chi-Raq - great. Absurd and funnier than I expected.

A la Mala - A Mexican romantic comedy. It was funny. I liked it.

The Gift - Glad I went in blind to this. I liked it.
                      "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• The Honeymoon

Somehow 4-1/2 stars on Netflix. Going to say solely because of the Game of Thrones fanboys getting off on seeing Ygritte get a parasite in her lady bits. Boring as a motherfucker. The husband is supposed to be concerned but he's just extremely creepy, and by the end I wanted him to die.

Comment

John Dies at the End - LATEPASS but holy hell did I enjoy this. I only wish it had a slightly larger budget because while Don did what he could the last like 10 minutes of this movie shows that the budget completely ran out.

Really dug it.
                          See, I'm curious about it, since I love that book so much.

It's apparently not as great, but ALL HAIL KORROK!
                          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Ex Machina - LATEPASS but man did I dig this. It felt like I was watching a David Cage video game. Dug the end but felt they could have went further with this idea.

Comment

Ex Machina - LATEPASS but man did I dig this. It felt like I was watching a David Cage video game. Dug the end but felt they could have went further with this idea.
                              It's one of those films that I loved upon first viewing that has only gotten better and better in the near constant re-telling in my head. This'll be an all timer.
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Agreed. I wanted to watch it again immediately. I'd be curious to see where a sequel goes, if they do one.

Comment

Working...
                                X