Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You guys talking about that weird game where a buncha nerdy Euro types bludgeon each other while wearing figure skates?*

*Just kidding Marteen, I love hockey
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
      Was it as bad as the Rangers getting killed by the Habs yesterday?

Comment

• THE LAZARUS EFFECT- I don't remember much at all about FLATLINERS but it's basically this? I liked the first hour but the last 30 minutes kind of fell apart. It felt like they had other ideas that got left on the cutting room floor. I remember reading one of Slater's earlier horror scripts back in the CHUD days and it was really creepy so I'm curious what happened here.

Comment

• CREEP- I guess I was feeling for a Mark Duplass double feature. This movie does pretty much go where you think it will. It starts at unsettling and ends at totally fucked up. I was going to match my daughter and go as a Hogwarts student for Halloween but now I might need to be Peachfuzz. Who wants a tubbie?

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
            You guys talking about that weird game where a buncha nerdy Euro types bludgeon each other while wearing figure skates?*

*Just kidding Marteen, I love hockey
            Don't you guys have a good AHL team?
            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• The DEVILS.
              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• That's the New Jersey shit borefest of a team.

(Never ever liked the Devils. Despite Brodeur, it was a poor team to watch, entertainment-wise.)

Comment

• Back to the Future II

It was ok. The first part is still super fun, but it quickly loses the fun factor for a more complex story with the alternate timeline. It's intellectually interesting, but it doesn't carry the same vibe as the first half, nor the first flick.

it's biggest weakness is the fact that the ending is weak, leading to the 3rd with a shitty preview.

Comment

• Fucking hate bttf 2. Pure noise.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• It's definitely the weakest of the three. The darkness (emotionally, not visually) still bothers me. Like it went too far to show that Biff was an awful garbage person.

Comment

• I liked that first 30 minutes enough to push it from hate to okay, but not more than that.

Comment

• I hate it for the same reason that I hate THE GOONIES: it's nothing but noise noise noise noise yelling noise yelling yelling noise. The concept behind the film is just fine, and there are many clever plot elements throughout the film but I'll be damned if any of them bring me any enjoyment over the NOISE NOISE NOISE.
                          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                          Originally posted by gravedigger
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                            Don't you guys have a good AHL team?
                            We did till the Wild couldn't reach a lease agreement with the Toyota center so now they're in Iowa.
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• A MILLION WAYS TO DIE IN THE WEST- I'd say a good 85% of the funny jokes were in the trailer. As great as I thought Charlize was in this, you feel every minute of the two hours. This is not what I would call a fast-paced comedy.

Comment

• I kind of liked A Million Ways To Die In The West, but yeah, it does feel like a two hour movie and some of the jokes needed to be pared down a bit. Theron did a great job though.

SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR - Liked it quite a bit, and a pretty good follow up to the original. All the stories sucked me in, and everybody involved did a bang up job with the material, even Alba's Nancy character. I did mis Clive Owen as Dwight, though Brolin did a good job. Needed to have a bit more substance to the stories though, and Eva Green's easily the MVP in this.

Some of the CGI needed some work, there's a lot of bouncing around time-wise, especially compared to how everything fits in with the first movie (this newer movie is all prequel stuff). Worth a viewing.

VHS: VIRAL - had to watch this based on Rerb and Ceej's review a few podcasts ago. The magician's cloak and alternate reality stories were great, as was the skateboard punk stuff (very brutal shit there). Still have to watch the second flick, but this film's a good addition to the franchise - heavy on the grue and nastiness, which is only a good thing for the genre. Hope more sequels are on the way.

Next up - JUPITER ASCENDING. Got it on my DVR, just gotta find some time to watch it.
                                Last edited by Timothy225; 10-19-2015, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X