Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age of Ultron. Felt a bit more bloated the second time around. I didn't hate it this time, but I didn't enjoy it as much. Ultron is still one of my favorite villains in the MCU thanks to Spader's work however. He's a bunch of fun to watch. The Vision is still amazingly cool looking, but man did Singer take the wind out of this version of Quicksilver. It's just so ehhhhhhhhhh after Evan's take in DOFP. Still don't get the hatred for the farm scene nor the scene with Widow and Banner talking about why they feel they are "monsters".
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Poltergeist remake.

Verdict: Why? No point whatsoever to this remake. At all. Stay away.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        but man did Singer take the wind out of this version of Quicksilver. It's just so ehhhhhhhhhh after Evan's take in DOFP.
        The sequence was cool, but holy shit was Singer's Quicksilver uber-overpowered.
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I dig Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch, tho. I'd like to see Black Widow take advantage of her
          I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Southpaw - Kurt Sutter written, Antwan Fuqua directed, Jake Gyllenhall starred in attempt at boxing drama that starts a bit heavy handed, has a ton of heart in the middle and TOTALLY shits the bed at the end imho. It was worth it for McAdams being sexy as fuck till she gets shot though.

Knock Knock - The two female leads and Keanu are in different films altogether, the script takes some huge leaps in "logic" and it just doesn't live up to the hype I had heard. Keanu seems to be playing his role much more campy than the two female leads are, those two are playing every bit of this shit as serious as can be. Most of the tension built up by the situation is completely lost every time Keanu opens his mouth. Not sure if that's an acting issue or a direction issue but somebody fucked up.

Dope - Thank God I saved this one for last. Billy, if you haven't seen this one yet you should. I think it'll be right up your alley. Think House Party meets Friday with a pretty strong social message at the end. Totally enjoyed this one and I don't think it's the pain killers talking.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I saw Dope. I love Dope.

Comment

• Spy. It was okay. Too long. It needed more Statham.

The Nightmare. Fucking terrifying. Hearing people describe what I've been going through since I was 7 was a bit too much for me last night. Really got to me. I don't think Lesley was a fan because I was never able to quite articulate what goes on during my episodes, but this doc cut right to the bone. It's on Netflix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                  Age of Ultron.
                  Is it out out or did you get it on demand? I still want to see it, since we missed in the theater, but is it worth it to pay for it?

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                  Spy. It was okay. Too long. It needed more Statham.
                  I have a coworker who absolutely gushed about it. But she also saw 50 Shades three times in the theater, so I was waiting to hear from someone with a little more taste before I decided whether or not to watch it.
                  Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                    Southpaw - Kurt Sutter written, Antwan Fuqua directed, Jake Gyllenhall starred in attempt at boxing drama that starts a bit heavy handed, has a ton of heart in the middle and TOTALLY shits the bed at the end imho. It was worth it for McAdams being sexy as fuck till she gets shot though.

Knock Knock - The two female leads and Keanu are in different films altogether, the script takes some huge leaps in "logic" and it just doesn't live up to the hype I had heard. Keanu seems to be playing his role much more campy than the two female leads are, those two are playing every bit of this shit as serious as can be. Most of the tension built up by the situation is completely lost every time Keanu opens his mouth. Not sure if that's an acting issue or a direction issue but somebody fucked up.

Dope - Thank God I saved this one for last. Billy, if you haven't seen this one yet you should. I think it'll be right up your alley. Think House Party meets Friday with a pretty strong social message at the end. Totally enjoyed this one and I don't think it's the pain killers talking.
                    Southpaw is a strong contender for one of my worst of the year.

Also, Dope director is new favorite for Black Panther.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I thought SPY was great. We saw it in Hong Kong (it was released there about a month earlier than it was here) and then again here.

I agree that it needs more Statham. If we get a sequel, I can pretty much guarantee that Statham will feature more prominently in it.

Rob: did you stay for the end credits scene? It's awesome.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson
                        Southpaw is a strong contender for one of my worst of the year.
                        All that talent involved to turn out what it is........No excuse.

Originally posted by Anderson
                        Also, Dope director is new favorite for Black Panther.
                        I can dig that.
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Kingsman: the Secret Service

Fantastic. So fucking good. Perfectly casted, it really is the best spy movies in ages.

Back to the Future

Made the kids watch it. Didn't see it in the last 15 years. What a complete and utter masterpiece.
                          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• My son LOVED Back to the Future. Begged to see the sequels, and loved them, too. Kid's got some taste.
                            I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Return of the Living Dead.

Still great. Still fun. SEND MORE PARAMEDICS

Comment

• LOVE Return of the Living Dead! From the Tar Man to Trash's striptease to Uneeda Medical Supply and damn near everything else, that movie fucking rocked.

Comment

Working...
                                X