Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trejo View Post
    Jurassic World was a blast. Haters are just peanut butter and jealous that they are too miserable of a person to enjoy it for what it is
    Troof. It's never going to replace the first JP film in my heart, but a worthy, fun addition to the franchise nonetheless. Much better than JP 3, IMHO - probably equal to JP2, just without the Goldblum.

Though it does equal JP2 on the smashable redhead scale...

Comment

• Finally checked out Elysium. Liked it much more than Chappie but not as much as D9. Copley was fucking on point though. I'd like to see him buffed out playing Lobo.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Copley was the ONLY thing about ELYSIUM that worked, in my opinion. The rest was predictable movie-of-the-week plotting with some genuinely bad acting (Foster).
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I didn't think it was that bad. IT was a fun diversion that had some good, but basic, ideas. But yeah, Foster was terrible. I also wish there was more Fichtner.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• watched a pretty cool little film called BEGINNERS with the wife unit over the weekend. Ewan McGregor and Christopher Plummer. Plummer is McGregor's dad, and he comes out as gay when he's 75 and the mother has died. Very well acted, and I can see why Plummer won the Oscar for it.
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
              Finally checked out Elysium. Liked it much more than Chappie but not as much as D9. Copley was fucking on point though. I'd like to see him buffed out playing Lobo.
              ok ok I'll watch it then
              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS, Martin. You have been warned.

Comment

• Nah son, raise those expectations through the roof. I mean, what's the worst that could happen?

Comment

• Everyone thought that Neill was going to be the savior of sci-fi after D9. he's not and that's fine. HE can however shoot the fuck outta a sci-fi flick and Damon brings the goods. But for reals, Copley is the MVP even with the ridiculous ways they make him EVVVVIIILLLL

Comment

• I really didn't have any issues with Elysium. Copley is so damn good in it, and the CGI is outstanding.

Comment

• ANDDDD it doesn't have the problem of having TERRIBLE actors like Chappie did.

Comment

• I hear Ninja is borderline unwatchable in CHAPPIE.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                            I hear Ninja is borderline unwatchable in CHAPPIE.
                            The problem is that he's just playing Ninja and she's just playing Yolandi and they wear clothes with their fucking band name on it, and it's all so confusing. But yes, he's terrible but honestly it's the script that is shit. Wolverine is bad in it too. Dev Patel isn't terrible, but he's not given that much to work with. The animation is great and there is an awesome short film in the movie, but over all I found it just a very bad film.

Comment

• Cabin Fever 2: Patient Zero. SO bad. And not so-bad-it's-good-bad, just bad. The scares were cheap, and the jokes even more so. Sometimes they combined a joke with a scare for a massive black hole of suck. Terrible acting, direction, and writing. I did kind of like the twist at the end, even though I saw part of it coming. And I also figured out the origin of the outbreak (not that it was hard). Good gore in places. The 14 year old me would probably have liked that part. But some needless and implausible, puerile scenes. Lazy, lowest common denominator stuff.
                              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Exists. A hybrid found footage film, some of it was shot like a normal movie. That, coupled with the filmmakers' fortitude in resisting the "boredom as tension" trope, actually made this watchable. There was very little preliminary fucking around. They got to the meat of the film fairly quickly. And while the idea that all the stuff that was found footage would actually have been recorded under those circumstances applies here as much as it does in any found footage flick, it was shot clearly and in focus, for the most part. It seems like they added things like awkward angles and tumbling perspectives more as an accent to the "regular" footage, to make it "seem" like actual found footage. Perhaps not very realistic, but far more enjoyable. You don't have to strain too hard to see or hear what's going on. Was it the best movie ever? Hardly. But it may have been the most enjoyable found footage movie I've seen since I saw Blair Witch in the theater, with all the attendant hype adding to the experience, and found footage still a new thing.
                                I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

Working...
                                X