Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jen and I just got back from catching Jurassic World as well. Naysayers be damned, we enjoyed it quite a bit. True, there are parts of the movie were stuff gets telegraphed well ahead of time, and many of the characters were pretty cliche, but all in all, it was an easily digestible morsel of fun. Rob's all over this mofo, without question.

Pratt was great in this, clearly having a ball. Howard was good, too, though at the beginning of the flick I wouldn't have minded her character getting chomped on until she learns an important life lesson and becomes more likable.

And she looks great in a tight t-shirt.

Comment

• CAPTAIN PHILLIPS- I think Greengrass wanted to direct this since half the movie takes place in the lifeboat where you almost have no choice to frame everything too close to the actors. ANYWAY, I don't care if half the story is bullshit or whatever, it was still quite entertaining. The finale was really tense and I appreciate that they showed the shock and adrenaline dump of Phillips after it was over.

Comment

• Chappie. Fun idea, awesome-to-terrible execution.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• My son wants to see Chappie. I'm hesitant to let him, since it's rated R (in the wake of the Daredevil face impalement fiasco). Anything really bad in this? The trailer seems innocuous enough.
          I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• gets pretty violent near the end (like weirdly violent), lots of swearing, etc..
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• IDIOCRACY.

Finally saw it. It's a great idea that has some awesome moments in it (and very astute observations) that's really undone by some poor acting, especially from Luke Wilson...he acts like he did the film because he lost a bet. Really bad.

INSIDE OUT.

Very good. Don't buy into the OMG BEST PIXAR MOVIE EVER hype, but it is the best Pixar film since UP. It has some pacing issues, in my opinion...and considering the fact that kids around me were restless, I think that others shared my opinion.

Still, the way that personality was presented was really, really clever. it does make you think about how we process our emotions and memories. Some cool philosophical stuff to ponder.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                INSIDE OUT.

Very good. Don't buy into the OMG BEST PIXAR MOVIE EVER hype, but it is the best Pixar film since UP. It has some pacing issues, in my opinion...and considering the fact that kids around me were restless, I think that others shared my opinion.

Still, the way that personality was presented was really, really clever. it does make you think about how we process our emotions and memories. Some cool philosophical stuff to ponder.
                Richard Kind knocked it outta the park.
                Originally posted by Ari
                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Bing Bong was the best part.

Still, the film has grown in my estimation over the weekend. It's extremely intelligent about how it handles memories and emotions, and it introduces some interesting concepts that really get you thinking about how your brain processes different stimuli. You can tell that a lot of thought went into this and it pays off immensely in terms of spurring conversation.
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• I'm still really annoyed with Chappie.

Comment

• The original The Crazies. Still fucking LOVE this movie. So much. That being said, this was the first time I noticed how much George Romero likes his main characters to use karate chops when fighting. So many karate chops. That ending is still amazing and it never gets any less creepy watching Dr. Frankenstein and his daughter.

Comment

• also, BEST UNIBROW EVER.

Comment

• A DEADLY ADOPTION (the Lifetime movie with Will Farrell and Kristen Wiig).

They play it 100% straight, making it even funnier than an actual comedy would be. It's so deliberately a Lifetime movie that it's actually pretty brilliant.

Comment

• It's pretty ridiculous. I thought it was more peculiar than funny. It really only works because of who Ferrell and Wiig are. The neverending last scene killed me for some reason.

Comment

• John Wick. It's the goods. Straight forward action pic that chugs along quite nicely, with great cameos by Ian McShane, John Leguizamo, David Patrick Kelley (huge fan of his, ever since The Warriors, so I'm glad to see him as the "cleaner"), etc. Plus, y'know, Willem DaFoe and stuff.

Still, this is Keanu's baby, and he delivers in spades as Wick. Grim and hardcore as fuck in this. Eagerly awaiting the sequel, with more of Keanu's badassness in action. Highly recommended.

Comment

• Jurassic World was a blast. Haters are just peanut butter and jealous that they are too miserable of a person to enjoy it for what it is
                                XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

Working...
                                X