Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like young master Grave, I also did partake of some cinematic diversions...

JURASSIC PARK - Still holds up, still enjoy watching dinosaurs running amok on my screen. CGI's looking a bit dated, but never took me out of the movie. Has my hopes up for this weekend's Jurassic World with Star-Lord and the raptors and the spawn of Richie Cunningham and shit.

THE EQUALIZER - Like Grave said, this was pretty sweet. Denzel's still got it, and I'll be down for the sequel. Dude was cooler than cool with his dispatching of the bad guys. Moretz did a good job, too, though her character was little more than a plot device.

I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE - old school, exploitation flick with a nice dose of 70s ultra-violence on a bunch of folks who easily deserve it. Very much a product of its day, with some material that seems a bit quaint nowadays. That bathtub scene though... oof-ah. RESPECT WOMEN.

Comment

• Looper.

Best part was topless Coyote Ugly chick and "I Want to See the Bright Lights Tonight" playing along. Close second: sweaty, tan frownbrow girl on the farm. Third: Paul Dano ruination.

Worst part: the kid. Runner up: Bruce Levitt makeup.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I love Looper, even though the makeup still weirds me out.

OPEN WINDOWS was not very good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
          I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE - old school, exploitation flick with a nice dose of 70s ultra-violence on a bunch of folks who easily deserve it. Very much a product of its day, with some material that seems a bit quaint nowadays. That bathtub scene though... oof-ah. RESPECT WOMEN.
          The bathtub scene is what should happen to all rapists and child molesters. Just don't want to watch it happen, thank you very much.
          Originally posted by Ari
          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
            The bathtub scene is what should happen to all rapists and child molesters. Just don't want to watch it happen, thank you very much.
            It's a great scene, though. Kind of Hitchcockian (ouch!), since you don't see her doing that business (she grabs the knife, carefully slips in in the water, after that it's all theater of the mind), but far less graphic than, say, Roger Bart getting his lopped off in Hostel 2. Then, her going downstairs, listening to music while the guy screams and bleed out was downright harrowing.

Comment

• Edge of Tomorrow. My only gripe is that I'm still not a fan of the alien designs. Past that, still an awesome sci-fi flick and Cruisey's laugh at the end is perfect.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                It's a great scene, though. Kind of Hitchcockian (ouch!), since you don't see her doing that business (she grabs the knife, carefully slips in in the water, after that it's all theater of the mind), but far less graphic than, say, Roger Bart getting his lopped off in Hostel 2. Then, her going downstairs, listening to music while the guy screams and bleed out was downright harrowing.
                A way over the top exploitation flick from the 80's, "Make Them Die Slowly" , tops 'em all, IMO, for sheer cringeworthiness.
                I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Geez - that's a flick I haven't seen in a LONG time, Ig. I'll have to watch that one again, as I'm in a "cringe scene" mood lately.

Comment

• Watched Jupiter Ascending with my son tonight. I liked this. There must be something wrong with me, because I didn't have a particular problem with the plot, And Rerb is right, the visuals were stunning.
                    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• My only gripe is that you know there is a fucking 3+ hour cut out there and I want it. I also want sequels even if they are just in animation form or something. The plot didn't bother me in the slightest. It's a goddamn Disney flick for manchildren.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                        My only gripe is that you know there is a fucking 3+ hour cut out there and I want it. I also want sequels even if they are just in animation form or something. The plot didn't bother me in the slightest. It's a goddamn Disney flick for manchildren.

ANIME GARGOYLE WORLD I AM GOING TO KEEP SCREAMING THIS UNTIL IT HAPPENS

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                          Watched Jupiter Ascending with my son tonight. I liked this. There must be something wrong with me, because I didn't have a particular problem with the plot, And Rerb is right, the visuals were stunning.
                          *HIGH FIVE*
                          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST

Re-watched this yesterday. I still prefer THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY for Leone, but I'll be damned if OUATITW isn't a very close second. I've had issues with the slow pacing in prior viewings, but not this time...it just flowed perfectly like a lazy river, helping make the instances of violence really stand out...just as intended. I also connected with the characters better this time, especially Cheyenne (who always came off as being extraneous to me in prior viewings).

And then there's Fonda. Good God he must have enjoyed playing this character...it's just so rich and against his usual character type. It's a bad guy for the ages, and my appreciation of his work as Frank only grows each time that I watch the film.

Great stuff.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• So I haven't watched traditional late night cable (you know, like Skinemax) in forever and this movie Private Resort is on. It must've been an '80s version of, like, American Pie because Johnny Depp and Rob Morrow are the main dudes. Anyway, the important thing is that Leslie Easterbrook just ran around basically nude for about five minutes.

Comment

• Jurassic World

Easily the best sequel. It's fun. Raptor-pack and Starlord ruled.
                                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Working...
                                X