Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still need to check out Lucy. I know it's supposed to be dumb as fuck, but it feels like it would be my type of dumb as fuck.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• It's totally dumb as fuck, but it manages to stay entertaining and kinda fun.

FURY was the big surprise for me, though. That was superb.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Out of the two (Lucy and Fury), for pure entertainment value, which of those would you recommend right now?
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I'd personally watch FURY, but I suspect that you'd derive more entertainment value from LUCY.
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
            Out of the two (Lucy and Fury), for pure entertainment value, which of those would you recommend right now?
            Lucy because Fury takes place in a time period that is waaaay to close to horse riding and what not.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Hell, watch 'em both, Rob. We live in THE FUTURE and stuff!

Comment

• Just watched Kung Fury on YouTube - enjoyed it. Like Rob said, it's got a Mad TV vibe to it with the jokes going on a bit long, but it's a great send up of 80s action flicks. Clocks in at about a half hour, so worth a view, especially if you're into stuff like Italian Spiderman or Danger 5.

Comment

• Godzilla on blu. It's been awhile but I still really fucking dig this flick. Feels like they fucked up though when they decided to
                    Spoiler: spoilers 
                  kill off Walter White
                  as Kick-Ass didn't really bring much to the story. The shit with the little kid on the train was also pointless in my opinion. That being said, this movie is much better than Pacific Rim in regards to the creatures and the fight scenes in as much as I actually gave a shit about Zilla.

Comment

• My biggest issue with Gozilla was that Kick-Ass was the Forrest Gump of kaiju.

Comment

That being said, this movie is much better than Pacific Rim in regards to the creatures and the fight scenes in as much as I actually gave a shit about Zilla.
                      Have you lost your mind?

You weren't supposed to care about the kaiju in PR, because they were the bad guys. You were supposed to root for the Jaegers. That point aside, the creature effects for the kaiju in PR were much better than those for the insect things in Godzilla.

Don't get me wrong, watching Big G duke it out with the big bugs was awesome, but it doesn't compare to the raw, violent action of the fight scenes in PR. They were so much more well done, IMO.

"EMPTY THE CLIP!" pretty much says it all.
                      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• The kaiju in Godzilla were more interesting than the robots or kaiju in PR. PR was so fucking boring for being a movie about giant robots fighting giant monsters. Sure they look cool but because I fucking HATED every actor in PR (save for Charlie Day and Pearlman) I didn't care how cool they looked. I was just watching a video game cinematic.

The monsters in Godzilla were actually really bad ass, especially with the little bits you got of their backstory. Using echolocation, smaller male/larger female, the breeding stuff, the EMP power, etc.. were much more interesting to me. I was also that guy that was a fan of the fact that they cut away from the fighting or would show bits and pieces on a news report or whatever.

I just really don't like PR.

Comment

• You sicken me, Rob. For that last comment anyway.

I understood the reasoning behind it, but I was still pissed that it was used SO OFTEN.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Yeah, I get that and can agree to a point. Sometimes I was like "SHOW ME MOREEEE!!!!" but then My favorite bit of the battle is when Kick-Ass's kid is watching a news program and you just see the flying Muto chomping on Zilla's neck and he's trying to swat at it like a gnat.

Comment

• Fuck that kid for gettin' a free show.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

The kaiju in Godzilla were more interesting than the robots or kaiju in PR. PR was so fucking boring for being a movie about giant robots fighting giant monsters. Sure they look cool but because I fucking HATED every actor in PR (save for Charlie Day and Pearlman) I didn't care how cool they looked. I was just watching a video game cinematic.

The monsters in Godzilla were actually really bad ass, especially with the little bits you got of their backstory. Using echolocation, smaller male/larger female, the breeding stuff, the EMP power, etc.. were much more interesting to me. I was also that guy that was a fan of the fact that they cut away from the fighting or would show bits and pieces on a news report or whatever.

I just really don't like PR.
                                Pacific Rim for the win!

But Godzilla was ok.
                                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Working...
                                X