Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, I mean it's technically a really long movie. I just didn't have time to finish it. It really cooks, it's as manic as Belfort appears to be. The Quaalude freak-out was incredible.

Comment

• Dirty Pretty Things.

Always a treat to go back and watch this one.

Not everyday you get a story about organ trafficking and the immigrant population of London.

Chewy Ejiofor is really good, but the scene stealer is Sergi Lopez, his boss at the hotel. He's probably better known for being the big bad of Pan's Labyrinth, but he'll always be the alcoholic scumbag Senor Juan to me.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• THE MASTER

It was OK, I guess. It's another movie where I admire the craft and the acting from everyone but don't really connect with the film itself. I was hoping for another TWBB, but my expectations were too high.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• It didn't know when the Hell to end, for one.
          Originally posted by Ari
          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Agreed.
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Swearnet.

Laughed quite a bit actually. A bit too long but I dug it. Pat Roach is out of his fucking mind.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Made my wife watch John Wick.

She loved it too. Such a great movie. The cast is stellar. Having Clarke Peters, Lance Reddick and Ian fucking McShane is priceless.
                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• FURIOUS 7.

I saw this on Friday night before my headache really kicked into gear. It's a lot of ridiculous fun, but it has some really weird pacing issues. At some points, it goes on waaay too long (like in the final battle). At other points, it transitions scenes too quickly (like when they first get to Abu Dhabi and suddenly they're in the big party).

The ending with Paul Walker is flawless, though. Very classy and moving. I don't see how they could have done it any better.

F5 is still the best one, but this is a very solid and entertaining entry.

Comment

• Neat.
                    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Furious 7 - yeah some issues with editing and a bit to much use of the spinning cam deal but entertaining as fuck and that ending had me....
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe, late last night. Love this whole series, in print and onscreen, but the first entry is still the best. My son binge watched the Harry Potter series last weekend, and Goblet of Fire a second time. He loved those, and he says to me on the train home from NYC this afternoon: "Do you know another cool series of movies?"

Why. . . yes. Yes I do.
                        I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• LIFE ITSELF (the Roger Ebert documentary).

Very good, but kinda hard to watch...seeing Ebert without a jaw was really unnerving and took a lot of getting used to.

It's a great story, and the behind the scenes stuff with Siskel was just as juicy as I expected it to be.

Ebert's wife is pretty amazing in this. She gets pretty emotionally raw throughout the entire film and really does a great job of packing a solid emotional gut punch that feels true and honest. Hell of a woman.

Comment

• It Follows.

Finally opened around here last week and caught it recently.

A really solid attempt at a horror film that sheds the terrible sound design of the past twenty years (jump scares) and instead weaves the rules of its premise into an ever present dread, that just continues to build and build. The music (while I hear is loud to some) is right out of the Carpenter school of thought when it comes to establishing tone.

The film is made incredibly effective by the actors, their believability, chemistry, and the writing of the0 characters. They speak and act more naturally than the usual bullshit people have put into their mad-libs scripts, where everything is a cypher of a something resembling a person.

Maybe it is the dearth of creativity in the genre, but the film has a quality to it that lingers with you as you leave the theatre, and themes that stay with you in the days afterward. There are things to digest, to ruminate on.

I can't say that for the usual tripe that arrives at the multiplex.

Forget I said anything positive. Go in without hype. Be surprised or don't. But support for entertainment like this is generally a good thing.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Color me intrigued. I have had seemingly endless dreams/nightmares about being chased by relentless pursuers. Some human, some not. I have a feeling, if this film is kind of what I think it is, that it will strike a chord with me for that reason. Ooooooh, what fun!
                              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• I REALLY liked It Follows. I think the best thing about it, besides the lack of shitty cliche is the acting...it's half wooden like an old USA UP! All Night classic...but then completely believable and terrifying when the shit hits the fan. And the pacing? Outstanding. Anytime you think it's getting slow it just slaps your shit right across the face.

The lakeside? FUCK. Never going to Michigan.

Comment

Working...
                                X