Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divergent. I think I was expecting more of an action flick, like the Underworld movies but without the Lycans. Anyway, if Aldous Huxley's Brave New World, The Hunger Games and the Twilight novels had a three way, this would be the love child that resulted. Huxley's basic idea of a regimented, strictly ordered society divided into discreet castes, coupled with YA novel exuberance/immaturity (it was particularly annoyingly notable in any scene where the Dauntless kids showed up, jumping off trains, climbing up buildings, and such. Just the sort of shit that would strike a hyperactive pre-teen as extremely cool. And the forbidden romance a la Bella and Ed Cullen. But it did have Kate Winslett. And the fight scenes were well done. The leads and MOST of the important characters acted well, but Ashley Judd seemed to be kind of phoning it in, and the lead Stiff's brother was wooden as hell. I didn't HATE this, but I don't think I ever need to see it again.
    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• The Taking of Deborah Logan.

This was actually pretty fucking great. The stuff at the end caught us off guard. Totally fucked up.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• GONE GIRL- man, this was crazy as hell. I'm surprised Detectives Benson and Stabler didn't show up. I really liked it, though. I thought the thing at the lake house was going to go the other way. I thought the ending was a little weak given everything that came before but I suppose that might have been part of the point? I'm curious how it was changed from the book. To the Google!

Comment

• the best shot/edited Lifetime movie ever
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• All Lifetime movies should be NC-17 type shit.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• i don't know, maybe it's because im looking at it from the male perspective but it seemed more "man, women are craaaaaazy" than "man, men are pigs". i don't think the punishment fit the crime this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                i don't know, maybe it's because im looking at it from the male perspective but it seemed more "man, women are craaaaaazy" than "man, men are pigs". i don't think the punishment fit the crime this time.
                You're supposed to consider both sides of that coin as equal.

Comment

• In the end, they deserve each other for being scheming-ass motherscratchers who went from drastically different positions back to a new and much more fucked up status quo in their relationship.

Sure, she went one step beyond, but Doogie threatened her with octopus and Scrabble, so double fuck him.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• That one scene where she gets in that last couple of..... you knows :-D SO CRAY CRAY
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                      You're supposed to consider both sides of that coin as equal.
                      You mean in terms of what Nick did and then Amy's response? I don't think so. Nick was absolutely a shitty dude for what he did but some of what she put on him was her crazy talk.

Doogie's octopus and scrabble line was when I realized things weren't going to play out like I thought. He was kind of menacing up to that point then I realized, no, he's just a weirdo.

Comment

• I still do not understand the love for that movie.

Comment

• Because it's a goofy-ass piece of airport fiction made entertaining via solid filmmaking.

I hope Fincher picks something else to do now but it looks like it's another Swedish Meatball Salander movie so fuck that idea, I guess.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• really? We're getting another GIRL movie with Rooney Mara?
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Looks like it.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I want a sequel to Janie's Got a Gun dammit.

Comment

Working...
                                X