Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THIS IS 40

THIS IS TOO FUCKING LONG.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
      Redline

Fucking batshit insane anime my roommate showed me. Incredible. Highly recommended.
      I've heard of that one but I typically can't stand anime so I may have to check it out.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
        Redline

Fucking batshit insane anime my roommate showed me. Incredible. Highly recommended.
        Welcome to the club. I'll take your ticket, Anderson will show you the bitches.

Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
        I've heard of that one but I typically can't stand anime so I may have to check it out.
        DO IIIIIIIIIIIT. I'm like you. anime is bleh now, but that????

Here's what I wrote a few years ago:

Originally posted by Martin View Post
        Redline

Holy mother of GOD. This movie just sneaked up in my top 5 of the year (hello Hanna! 13 Assassins! Attack the Block!)

Look. I now kinda like Speed Racer. Kinda. Despite the huge glaring flaws, it's fun. But there's this new kid in town, called REDLINE. That kid kidnapped Speed Racer, chloroformed that asshole, left him in the basement after assraping him for a whole year.

Redline is like Speed Racer. But on crack. Right after he took crystal meth.

It will titillate your optic nerves from the first image to the last. In fact, authorities around the world won't check the pulse of injured or dead people, they'll make them watch 10 seconds of Redline. If their eyes starts expending like mirror plates, you are alive.

Plot? Who gives a shit about a plot. It's an underground race set in the future. But the setting? Oooooooh so gushy. It's such a fun flick.

Seriously, even if you hated Speed racer, this manga is worth watching on Blu.

I may say a lot of bullshit, but that wasn't it.
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Seriously, the plot might be the best part. And the character designs. I mean fuck, they invaded ROBOWORLD to hold an illegal race which turns into all out warfare included two CRAZY ass fake Godzilla monsters.

Comment

• The plot isn't outstanding. I think itt served it's purpose. It's the sheer insanity of the design and project that makes everyting awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
              THIS IS 40

THIS IS TOO FUCKING LONG.
              That movie suckkkkeeeddd. Hard. So bad. Apatow needs to stop or get a better editor.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• It had a couple of pretty solid laughs in it, and a lot of the observations about what it's like to turn 40 and be married for 15 years were actually pretty astute, but the film was soooooooooooo over-indulgent in extraneous stuff. Too many side plots, too many characters...just too much. With some focus, it could have been great.
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• 45 mins shaved off and totally. but because it had an extra 45 mins the whole movie suffered in my opinion.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I was wondering if This is 40 was worth my time. Looks like NOPE.

And guys, REDLINE. DO IT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      The plot isn't outstanding. I think itt served it's purpose. It's the sheer insanity of the design and project that makes everyting awesome.
                      The plot's not outstanding, it's just completely bonkers.

Comment

• That, it is.

Comment

• DALLAS BUYER'S CLUB

Really liked this. I knew that it'd be good from an acting standpoint, but I was surprised at how good the actual film was as well. It's obviously dark subject matter, but it's handled with a certain degree of humor in it (all character based and mainly from McConoughey) that makes it completely watchable. It deserved every award that it received.

EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS

Good/great in spots, really mediocre in others. It feels very choppy, like whole sections of it got edited out to get it down to 2.5 hours, and this really hurts the film and prevents you from connecting with what's going on for long passages. If I were Sigourney Weaver, I'd be pissed off...it looks like her entire plotline was excised from the final cut. Same with Aaron Paul. It's so obvious that they're in there for a reason (you don't cast name stars for roles that are essentially nothing), so I really have to wonder what hit the cutting room floor.

Good eye candy, though. We caught it in 3D and were pretty impressed with the immersion level. I also really liked how the whole Red Sea sequence was handled and staged...I found it very compelling and exciting.

Comment

• THE HOBBIT: BATTLE OF THE FIVE DEADLY VENOMS

Not bad. I liked TDoS better, but this was better than AUJ. The opening sequence where they deal with Smaug is fantastic...one of the best sequences in any of the 6 LOTR films, but it's kinda downhill from there.

I got bored by the big battle. It goes on and on and on and gets tiresome. It has its moments (mostly from Legolas), but it simply gets tedious after a while. The battle with the dragon at the end of TDoS was much better paced and had fantastic flow to it...this battle feels like a series of vignettes strung together, and the flow simply felt off to me.

Comment

• Almost Famous.

Still the least shitty Cam Crowe movie.

His boomer views are felt in every frame but the work done by the ensemble* keeps one from reflecting on the time in question with the usual pessimism of what that sort of naive idealism wrought and instead, beckons us along for the ride.

*An exception must be made for Fugit, who is weak-to-okay for the majority but when it really matters, his earnestness just falls away and all that is left is an actor showcasing his inexperience and calling attention to the artificiality of the whole mascarade (he's bad at his job).
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                                You need the third one on blu, too, so just buy the set, which will surely be discounted because of the holidays. You'll get all three DIE HARD movies and, depending on the set, one or two other action movies starring Bruce Willis.
                                $22.99 right now I think.
                                Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                                Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                                POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X