Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIG HERO 6 - yep. Disney knocked it outta the park. My niece and sister-in-law loved it, Jen and I loved it, gave everyone the feels, and wears its heart proudly on its sleeve. Great, simple story, great flow, every character gets a moment to shine. And, of course, stay after the credits.

HALLOWEEN (2007) - Rewatched it, still a fan. No way in hell does it beat the original, but as its own beast, it's brutal as fuck at times. Zombie pulls no punches, and though it does have some issues, it's worth a watch or two.

Comment

• Big Hero 6: Loved it. Strong story, and pretty mature approach about dealing the loss of someone. Loved the design.

And the beginning's short made me cry like a bitch. ( because I lost my dog a while back)

Fuck, what's the after credit????
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
        Big Hero 6: Loved it. Strong story, and pretty mature approach about dealing the loss of someone. Loved the design.

And the beginning's short made me cry like a bitch. ( because I lost my dog a while back)

Fuck, what's the after credit????

Spoiler: I think they're talking about 
        the stuff with Stan Lee
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Scout Compton ruins the film for me.

BH6 was fun. I am kinda tired of T.J. Miller, but here he ain't so bad. Awesome to hear Adsit in such a big role.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Interstellar in Imax. It's how it should be seen. The scale alone is worth the increased screen size and ticket price.

I have no idea what Matt is talking about in terms of it being overlong. That thing flew the fuck by, as saccharine and alienating as it all seemed. I use those two words to describe the experience, because it is very much a sickly sweet and personal film at its artificial heart, as Nolan is a robot who is incapable of love, so alienating is very much what keeps moments that should leave the viewer in a shambles or grip their seat instead detach and lead one to never quite reach that level of involvement needed for it all to work at maximum efficiency.

That is not saying it is bad. At all. There are some moments that really hit and they hit hard, but as a whole, it is a grand attempt here by Nolan to do something with an incredible scope but it comes up a bit short on the charm and heart needed to carry it through.

Wooderson is still great as a space cowboy.

Also, someone needs to tell Nate Crowley to study something other than brutalism. It is getting fucking tiresome.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Rocky - Best use of Mick in the series. Best use of a hunk of meat in the series. Best performance by Stallone in the series.

Rocky II - Best use of a caveman costume in the series. Best use of being a movie that is pretty much the exact same movie as the first.

Rocky III - Best use of Hulk Hogan in a movie that isn't Suburban Commando. Best theme song in the entire series. Best use of Apollo Creed in tiny shorts in the series.

Rocky IV - Best montage in the series. Best use of a nagging robot in the series. Best use of weird editing shots involving freeze frames in the series.

Rocky V - Best use of Kevin Connolly in anything. Best use of a street fight in the series. Best use of not referencing the fact that Rocky's kid aged like 10 years between IV and V.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Rocky IV - best use of steroids
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• for reals. Stallone was JACKED
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• MONSIEUR HULOT'S HOLIDAY
                    MON ONCLE

I picked up the Criterion Jacques Tati set, and we've watched these two films over the past two evenings. I've seen HOLIDAY a few times, but this was the first go at MON ONCLE, and it was pretty damned great.

Gonna finally see PLAYTIME one of these nights...can't wait!
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I love this place. I watch crap like Rocky V and you're watching arthouse flicks. awesome.

Comment

• FWIW, I totally love ROCKY, ROCKY IV, and ROCKY BALBOA. Great movies for different reasons.
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• I now love every non Rocky movie that Stallone did between 1977-1990.
                          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Mick is a prick. Constantly dropping Rock like a bad moment the first sign of trouble and then crawling back when things are looking up. Then again, the Stallion was too stupid to catch wind of this and always took him back.

Rocky & Rocky Balboa forward, BTW!
                            Originally posted by Ari
                            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                              I now love every non Rocky movie that Stallone did between 1977-1990.
                              Fucking NIGHTHAWKS!

Comment

• Cobra is the greatest Stallone flick. Pizza should be cut with scissors.

Comment

Working...
                                X