Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a fan of scifi, so I'll catch it when I can on Netflix for sure.
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt
      BIG TROUBLE

I can see why the movie bombed. It's a disjointed mess of characters being thrown at a wall to create a series of goofy situations...some of it sticks (almost anything with Patrick Warburton), but most of it falls completely flat (almost everything with Tom Sizemore). At least it's fast paced.
      My brain misread that and thought you hated Big Trouble in Little China. Jihad averted.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• V/H/S/ 3 - Not as good as the second, but better than the first.

Spoiler: spoilers 
        The Magician entry was my favorite (obviously). It felt like something out of D&D. The Alternate Universe one was fantastic if only because before the reveal I said to Ceej: "Watch, the alternate version of the guy is gonna have like a 6 foot black penis." I was sorta close. The skater entry wasn't terrible "THEY GOT GAS MONEY GUY!" but wasn't great. I did like the book ends for this entry though. Seeing the dude's legs get liquefied was great.

EXISTS - Eduardo Sanchez (Blair Witch) goes back to the woods for this found footage Bigfoot tale. Not too bad actually. The final 25 mins was pretty fucking stressful. I enjoyed this if only because there aren't many Bigfoot movies out.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Super - I still really enjoy this movie but I still can't get past the random as fuck rape scene in the apartment. Also I'm not sure if I missed it or not, but was it ever said that Ellen Page's character had aspergers or anything? The choices in her character are still random and I don't get it.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I feel like it was pretty obviously shown that she had deep mental issues, what they were aren't that important.

Comment

• figured as much. It was just lazy in my opinion.

Comment

• RUSH

I watched this again the other day. It's still my favorite movie from last year...just a master class in how to weave two stories together. Bruhl really should have gotten a nomination for this; he's simply fantastic as Niki Lauda, and Hemsworth is very impressive as James Hunt.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• SINISTER

Finally watched it. Yeah, this one was pretty fucking good.
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• It's a fun one. I liked it more than all the recent horror flicks in a while.

LAWNMOWER ACTION!

Comment

• Yeah, the lawnmower made my wife jump out of the couch. Great moment.

We liked it more than THE CONJURING. I didn't puss out with the ending but had the conviction to follow through on the storyline to its 'unhappy' ending.

Comment

• Exactly. It went all the way. Those home video were freaky.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                          SINISTER

Finally watched it. Yeah, this one was pretty fucking good.
                          VINDICATION.

Comment

• I'm pretty jaded on film endings. Most of them lack the conviction to GO FOR IT and see things through to how the damned thing SHOULD end, so you have to admire it when a film has the balls to see things through. Tip of the hat to SINISTER.

Even without the solid ending, it was a pretty damned good film, though. It helped that Ethan Hawke did a really solid job in the lead role.

Comment

• Hawke was great in it.

Comment

• Well, Hawkes rarely sucks. Except in Daybreakers.

Comment

Working...
                                X