Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lenny stole your first love didn't he?
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
      Lenny stole your first love didn't he?

Iggy still has the sads.

Comment

• Castle's House on Haunted Hill.

Really fun, genuinely creepy at times (the blind caretaker's wife can fuck off forever after), and Vincent Price's constant fourth wall breaking asides and stares directly into camera (hell, his presence alone) strike that perfect tonal balance between dread and delight.

The Town that Dreaded Sundown.

The sensationalized version of the spree killings that occurred in post-WW2 Texarkana. It has moments of real tension (especially the home invasion sequence), but why Pierce chose to insert a bunch of silly ass comedic scenes with the bumbling deputy I will never understand. Just when the film settles into the sweet spot of a procedural thriller, that goddamn deputy pops up like a ether-huffing marmot to spoil the whole thing (usually by crashing into something).

For a low budget feature, it has some strong spots, but as an overall picture, it is woefully askew.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• So Extraterrestrial wasn't a terrible movie, but much like the other flicks from The Vicious Brothers it just can't stick the landing. Ironside was decent in it though. And Emily Perkins is great in anything.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Life After Beth.

I really enjoyed this. Alot of great people are in it and they all did a great job. Molly Shannon was hilarious, and I enjoyed when Paul Reiser was on screen. Much better than I expected. Plaza put in some solid work. I'll never listen to soft jazz the same way again.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• The Iceman. Michael Shannon was made to play maniac's, as was surprisingly, Chris Evans. Ended much to abruptly for my tastes. Also nice to see Ray Liotta looking half way human again. Dudes facebloat was outta control for a while.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                THE SECRET LIFE OF WALTER MITTY

This felt like a first draft of a screenplay. It lays out the ideas but doesn't really flesh them out. Stiller compensates for this lack of depth by over-directing it and trying to give the film a sense of gravitas that really isn't earned by the script.

Also, the basic concept of Walter Mitty is that he's a daydreamer. That concept gets used for the first half hour and then is largely dropped for the remainder of the film. If you're gonna go that route, why even call the film TSLoWM?

It's not bad, but it's just kinda there.
                I didn't like this movie. The last 30 minutes cannot compensate for the shitness and boredom of the first 90.
                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Rocky.

Still the champ.

Comment

• Fury.

A rip-rousing, guy's guy war actioner. Brutal as shit. And the first time I ever didn't wanna punch Shia in his taint. Downside is he's the team Jesus freak.
                    Originally posted by Ari
                    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• After the year he's had maybe Jesus freak is just the role for him.

Comment

• Its not Shia, its the fact that the film includes the Jesus Freak stereotype.
                        Originally posted by Ari
                        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                          Rocky.

Still the champ.
                          Total classic.
                          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                            Fury.

A rip-rousing, guy's guy war actioner. Brutal as shit. And the first time I ever didn't wanna punch Shia in his taint. Downside is he's the team Jesus freak.
                            My dad saw it, gave it an 8/10. Mentioned a certain scene dealing with cleaning out the tank. Yikes! He said it nailed all the technical stuff too.
                            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Fury.

Good to hear. Really want to see this.

Comment

Its not Shia, its the fact that the film includes the Jesus Freak stereotype.
                                It was 1945 Jamie.

Comment

Working...
                                X